ForumsQuestionsReminder sent to different e-mail address for each task

Reminder sent to different e-mail address for each task
Melanie Metzger, Ph.D.

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to be able to send an e-mail reminder for Task 1 to Individual A and an e-mail reminder for Task 2 to Individual B. I would like to be able to do this without either Individual A or Individual B seeing the other's reminder. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Anders

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
You can't do that from Toodledo because all reminders go out to all locations you have set up. The only way would be to enter the first person's email, and then remove and replace it with the second email before the second reminder comes up.

If you use Gmail, this could be set up fairly easily by just having both the reminders sent to you. Gmail allows advanced filtering with forwarding, so you could just set up filters that would only catch the tasks for one or the other individual, and have the emails forwarded directly to them. Gmail does all this automatically, so once you set it up, you do not need to even see the emails come through.
Melanie Metzger, Ph.D.

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
I appreciate the quick reply. So, it seems that where Toodledo is concerned, reminders can be assigned to individual tasks, but assigning destinations to those reminders is global. The ability for project managers to discretely remind each project worker of only their assigned tasks would be a valuable tool. I will submit this desired functionality as a feature request. Thanks, again.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 01, 2009
You are correct, that the location of reminders is stored on a global level, because an account is intended to be used by one person. The intended way to send specific reminders to different project workers is for each worker to have a Toodledo account, and to assign the task to them. That way, their reminders will trigger and be sent to them, through their account.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.