ForumsQuestionsFull Edit Mode

Full Edit Mode
stevenyi

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Hi All,

I'm finding that the app allows editing of items inline, but only for fields which are set to display. I'd like to be able to edit fields once in a while by using some sort of full edit mode. For example, today I wanted to add repeat to a task and had to go and enable that column, come back, edit, then go back to turn off that column. It'd be nice if there was some sort full edit screen to edit all fields for a task. Or am I missing something and it's already possible?

Thanks!
steven
Proximo

Score: 1 Reference
This is something I have mentioned before.

The currently GUI in Toodledo is: If you want a feature, it must be turned on and added as a column.

This is why I think a GUI Overhaul is needed. There are many great options in Toodledo that I don't require for all my task. I think every task should have a GUI Window that let's you set the options you for that task.

If I want to add a Start Date to a task, I can simply check it in the Task Window options for that task only.

Right now, Toodledo displays the options as columns that clutter the interface, even if I only have 1 task that has a Start Date out of 100.

It's a Yes or No setup and I just don't like it.

If each task had it's own Options Window, you can set what maters for each task and only show what you wish on the main interface.

That will keep the GUI clean while providing all of the features Toodledo offers.

This is why I don't enable "Start Date" for my Ticklers folder. I only have a couple of Ticklers and I hate to see the Start Date column for all my other task. It's a waste of space.
stevenyi

Score: 0 Reference
Hi Proximo,

Thanks for confirming that this isn't possible now. I went ahead and filed support ticket 3053 and I guess we'll see what happens!

Thanks!
steven
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Asheen

Posted: Nov 27, 2009
This suggestion would be a big one for me, as well.

While I'm not as ardent a supporter of a UI overhaul as some on here (perhaps the "spreadsheet" feel speaks to the way I think, after four years of a ChemE degree and three years of an MBA!), a great workaround for this would be to have a checkbox-hover option (where you currently find Click checkbox, Clone task, Delete task) called "Edit task".

This option could then open the task in an edit mode identical to the "add task" mode, but where the fields are already populated with the old task's existing information. Clicking "add task" would then add a new task with the (perhaps modified) full info, and delete the old one.

This way, the "edit" mode simply strings together two existing functions, assuming there are internal hooks with which to pass the information from function to function. It's certainly a kludge, but may be fairly quick to implement while a larger UI redesign is in the works.

"Never let the perfect get in the way of the good enough!"
Asheen
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.