ForumsQuestionsGmail-To-Task Gadget

Gmail-To-Task Gadget
williamsthomasb

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'd love to see a gadget that allows you to create a task when you're reading a gmail message, some sort of button that would automatically convert the gmail message to a toodledo task and allow you to add due date, reminder, etc.
Anders

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
That would be very handy. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the email import features: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php
You can forward stuff to Toodledo and set fields like Due Date, etc. (pretty much everything except reminder) using the special syntax. You could of course also use the Gmail gadget, but that would require copying and pasting.
SLT

Posted: Jan 20, 2010
Please forgive me if the answer is already in the forums somewhere, but, is there a way to insert the Gmail gadget in Google Calendar as well? The reason is, tasks are usually associated with a day, and the calendar view is the most relevant context for me to see tasks, rather than when reading my mail (which is my focus when in Gmail).

In addition, the Gmail gadget is quite limited in how man tasks it displays. Here are a few ideas/suggestions:

- Google has already a "Tasks" feature in their calendar view. It shows up as a long list on the right. It's very basic though and I would prefer to use Toodledo of course. So I'd like to display the Toodledo list there instead.
- The Google Tasks could perhaps be pushed aside to the left
- As a bonus, it would be nice if Toodledo tasks would synch up with Google tasks for those who wish to use both for whatever reason

Hopefully I'm not the only one who feels that this would be useful. I have the Calendar gadget, but I'd rather see the list of tasks right there rather than having to click on all the checkmarks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2010
I don't think that Google Calendar has this sort of third-party functionality, but that would be a cool idea.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.