ForumsQuestionsSync GTD Outlook Addin Custom Fields

Sync GTD Outlook Addin Custom Fields
educatedwarrior

Posted: Sep 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi. I have been using the Gettings Things Done Outlook for years - I can't live without it. It creates three custom fields in outlook called MetaProject, Project and Subproject. These three fields are used to group tasks by project and subproject of course.

The issue I have with Toodledo is I would like to synchronize these custom fields and be able to group them within Toodledo - this way my subtasks while be automatically associated with the corresponding project. Right now I have to to associate tasks and projects in two places - Outlook and Toodledo. Any plans for the future.
Anders

Posted: Sep 08, 2009
Please try not to make duplicate posts. See my response here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/2957/-16577/read.html
educatedwarrior

Posted: Sep 10, 2009
Hi Anderson,

Sorry for the duplicate post. Are there any plans to add custom field and grouping on those fields in Toodledo. This is needed to integrate with custom fields created by the GTD Outlook Addin (Meta Project, Project, and Subproject). I sent an email to Chromatic Dragon and got a response from Keith. Here it is:

Thanks for the feedback.

Please bear in mind however that the Toodledo API does not support the creation of custom fields, therefore I can only sync Outlook information that I can map to Toodledo fields. I am not sure how I would go about mapping the extra field as there is no corresponding field in Toodledo that it could be sent to.

Hope that helps

Keith

Developer

Chromatic Dragon Software
Anders

Posted: Sep 10, 2009
I don't know if Toodledo has definite plans for a custom field, but it has been suggested in the past, and I would guess it is a possibility for the future. One thing you could mention to Keith is that the Tag field is currently unused by the Outlook sync, and that field can be used for just about anything.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 11, 2009
It could also be placed into the note.
IceHeartX

does the outlook sync use goals? goals work really well as persistent short term projects, and it's not a default GTD field
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You'll have to ask the developer about that, since we didn't make the outlook sync tool.

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.