ForumsQuestionsHow to add Continued Daily Tasks?and how to delete tasks?

How to add Continued Daily Tasks?and how to delete tasks?
Yancey.hsu

Posted: Sep 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Dear friends,

I've two questions:

one is How to add Continued Daily Tasks?

I'm trying to use Toodledo to add some continued daily tasks in a given time and wondering how it can show all the repeated daily tasks in the calendar.

when I marked start date today and due dates oneday following,and selected "daily"repeat in options,it only shows the tasks in due dates in calendar.i want it repeat daily in a given time,what can i do?

even i choosed both start dates and due dates "today",then select "daily"repeat,it only shows the tasks in the beginning date and i cannot find any loops for "daily"selection or due dates selection of daily repeat.

that's my first question.

and the second one is ,
how to delete tasks?

This message was edited Sep 10, 2009.
gpzbc

Score: 2 Reference
This is copied directly from the "Help" Section. It will answer most general questions.
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php

"How do I delete a task?

There are three ways to delete a task.

1) The trashcan icon will be displayed next to completed tasks, so if you complete the task and then go to the "Recently Completed" tab, you will be able to delete a task.

2) Go to your account settings and look under "Fields Used". Put a checkmark next to "trashcan". You will now be able to delete any task by clicking the trash can next to the task.

3) Hover your mouse over the checkbox until the popup menu appears. Click the "Delete Task" link.

Be careful with deleting tasks, as there is no way to undelete them. If you accidentally deleted a task or think that a task was deleted by a third-party application, you can check your "Recently Deleted Tasks" list. This is located in your account settings at the bottom of the page."

And here is how to setup recurring tasks.

Hope that helps.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2009.
Anders

I'm not sure if I understand the first question, but the way repeating tasks work is that an occurrence is not generated until the previous one has been marked complete. If you want to have a bunch of the same task existing simultaneously, you could either clone the task several
times, and give each one a different Due Date, or you could create the repeating task, and then mark it complete, and do the same with the following occurrences that will appear. Once you have the amount you want, you can just go back and uncheck them all.

There are two ways to delete tasks. You can enable the trashcan undEr "fields and functions used" in your Account Settings, and then use that to delete tasks, or you can hover your cursor over the check box of a task. After a second, a popup will appear with several options including delete.
Yancey.hsu

Posted by gpzbc:
This is copied directly from the "Help" Section. It will answer most general questions.

"How do I delete a task?

There are three ways to delete a task.

1) The trashcan icon will be displayed next to completed tasks, so if you complete the task and then go to the "Recently Completed" tab, you will be able to delete a task.

2) Go to your account settings and look under "Fields Used". Put a checkmark next to "trashcan". You will now be able to delete any task by clicking the trash can next to the task.

3) Hover your mouse over the checkbox until the popup menu appears. Click the "Delete Task" link.

Be careful with deleting tasks, as there is no way to undelete them. If you accidentally deleted a task or think that a task was deleted by a third-party application, you can check your "Recently Deleted Tasks" list. This is located in your account settings at the bottom of the page."

And here is how to setup recurring tasks.

Hope that helps.

thanks gpzbc,i make it ,the page was too wide to show the "trashcan"icon
Yancey.hsu

Posted by Anders:
I'm not sure if I understand the first question, but the way repeating tasks work is that an occurrence is not generated until the previous one has been marked complete. If you want to have a bunch of the same task existing simultaneously, you could either clone the task several
times, and give each one a different Due Date, or you could create the repeating task, and then mark it complete, and do the same with the following occurrences that will appear. Once you have the amount you want, you can just go back and uncheck them all.

thank you.Anders that gives me many clues,
I'm a new user, and still don't know What exactly steps I should take in creating a repeating task?

my meanning is, to put it simply,
i want make the task "have breakfest" repeat daily, but need it to be ended till Oct.10th from today,all tasks should be shown daily in this period in the calendar.

what steps should I take in setting this repeating task?

looking forward to your reply.
Anders

There is no way to set an ending date for a repeat, they will just go on until you either delete the current version of the repeating task, or remove the repeat. The only way to do what you want exactly would be to create 31 versions of the same task, and give them all consecutive Due Dates. If I were going to do that, I would probably set up a daily repeat, and then mark it complete 30 times, generating 30 more instances with consecutive Due Dates. Then go into "Recently Completed" and remove the check from each of them (you could use an advanced search to do them all at once). The only other way would be to clone the task 30 times, and assign consecutive Due Dates to each clone, but that seems like it would be even more time consuming.

To set up repeating tasks in general, make sure you have the repeat field enabled under "Fields and Functions Used" in your Account Settings. See this help topic for specifics of repeating tasks: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=2
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.