ForumsQuestionsoption to move the trash and note icons to the left side

option to move the trash and note icons to the left side
IceHeartX

Posted: Sep 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
currently the trash and note icons are offscreen 99.9% of the time for me as I need my cols a little wider than the defaults.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 11, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
Linden

Posted: Sep 15, 2009
I can see the point for the note icon, but the trash functionality already exists on the left side.

If you hover over the checkbox, a menu pops up where "delete task" is an option.
Anders

I agree with you Linden, though I believe the popups may not work on older browsers. I actually just trimmed down my fields used to the point where everything is on screen, even on my little netbook moniter, as long as the Toodledo sidebar is shut. It has been a huge help for me.
thpope

Score: 1 Reference
This is why we need a better Multi-Line mode.

I think we should have the ability to put which fields show up while collapsed on the single line and then show all of the fields we're using when we expand. I'm sure this has been requested, so, sorry for being repetitive.

I would love to know which new features you guys (Toodledo) have prioritized for implementing next. (You probably won't reveal that to us.)

Have you ever thought of putting a poll together with the top features listed and having us select the top 1, 2, or 3 that are most essential to us users? I think it would be good for your development roadmap. If you do this, then I suggest you ask the length of time we've been using Toodledo and/or other to-do package. That would help you understand the difference between opinions based on maturity of usage.

You're welcome in advance for my suggestions. ;)
IceHeartX

you shouldn't hide often used buttons, that extra space of time spent hovering is an annoyance that doesn't have to exist.

If there's an option to move the trash to the left there's nothing saying anyone but me would use it. But it can't hurt to submit it as a feature request.
Vin Thomas

It would be really easy to do with a user-script. Try installing stylish and giving it a whirl that way.
IceHeartX

Posted by Vin Thomas:
It would be really easy to do with a user-script. Try installing stylish and giving it a whirl that way.

Sadly, I'm currently swamped with more than enough coding myself. I'll put a task in to check out stylish though
Linden

@IceHeartX: I totally agree that it can't hurt to submit the feature request. I didn't intent to imply that it was a terrible suggestion -- simply thought you might have missed the hover-to-delete feature. Sorry for any offense!

@Anders: Thanks for pointing out that the pop-ups might not work from some interfaces like older browsers -- and that it's inconvenient with handheld devices. I'm using the latest Firefox on a standard monitor, so these things don't always come to mind!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.