ForumsQuestionsTomorrow button

Tomorrow button
mesposito2

Posted: Jun 25, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
Has anyone requested a button to more easily move tasks to Tomorrow? I know multiple selection is tough, but what about a small action icon next to the due date that changes the due-date to Tomorrow just for that line item?

Jun 25, 2008 >> no time
Jeremy

Posted: Jun 25, 2008
good idea....clear the books for the day...especially if everything blew up on you and you need to move everything to the end of the day. I would like to be able to edit multiple items at once (change several items to future dat), that has been requested.

I second the request....
whitten

Posted: Jun 26, 2008
The classic view is very useful for doing something like this to a group of tasks. Basically you can go and change it quickly for each of them and then push a mass "change"/"update" button.
Nathan R. Hale

Posted: Jun 28, 2008
I also think a "tomorrow" button would be awesome!
Jeremy

Posted: Jun 29, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Does anyone use the " ? " modifier before the due date to automate "tomorrow" ?
InfoJeff

Posted: Jul 22, 2008
Posted by Jeremy:
Does anyone use the " ? " modifier before the due date to automate "tomorrow" ?

Jeremy - I saw what you wrote at http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/328/-1414/repeating-tasks.html and did not realize a task would repeat that way. So the "?" modifier on a due date would only advance the due date to tomorrow if the task repeats daily, right?

From http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42 :
You can also designate a task as optional by placing a "?" in front of the due date. This acts like "=", but if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed, or moved forward if it is a repeating task.

---------------------

That being said, I agree a "tomorrow" button would be helpful.

Even better, perhaps a button to advance the due date X number of days. Or maybe a "tomorrow" button that you could click 3 times to move the due date forward 3 days.

This message was edited Jul 22, 2008.
Jeremy

Posted: Jul 22, 2008
The problem with just using the ? modifier is that only repeating tasks move forward. I frequently have days that things change rapidly and I would like to move forward tasks that are not set up as repeating.

Its not very orthodox GTD, but its what works for me. A tommorrow button of some kind of mass move forward would help.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.