ForumsQuestionsTiming of reminders > 1 day in advance

Timing of reminders > 1 day in advance
Film Creatives

Posted: Sep 13, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
New pro subscriber and I realize reminder system has recently changed.

1) I use due times of 12:01am 12:02am 12:03am to have special meaning for me personally; those are not actual appointment or deadline timings. If I set a reminder to 1 day or more in advance is the intention of TD to have it arrive 24 hours in advance e.g. 12:01am the day before?

I assume that is the case, however I can understand that all 1 day or greater in advance reminders might be sent at about noon X days in advance.

2) Am I correct in understanding that reminders that are set to 4 hours or less in advance, be they to iPhone, by Email, or by SMS might be as little as 3 minutes and as much as 59 minutes different in their time of arrival compared to what had been set by the user. And that Apple does not guarantee that push notifications will arrive at all.

I will set up some test tasks with reminders to get my own direct experience, however I understand it will be variable.

Thanks, Justin
Anders

Reminder lead times are based on the Due Time of the task unless it has no Due Time, in which case noon is used. So if a task is Due Friday at 12:01am, and has a reminder set for 1 day in advance, that reminder will arrive at about 12:01am on Thursday. If a task is Due Friday with no Due Time, and has a reminder set for 1 day in advance, that reminder will arrive at about 12:00 noon Thursday. This is true regardless of how long the lead time is (15 minutes, 30 days, etc.).

As for precision, Toodledo can only claim that Push reminders will arrive within about 15 minutes of their set lead time because Apple is actually sending the reminders and that is as much precision as Apple guarantees. However, I have gotten hundred of Push notifications from Toodledo, and almost every one of them arrives exactly 4 minutes before my set lead time. I have never had one that was more than 5 minutes off.
For other types of reminders, Toodledo sends them out, and they should arrive within a few minutes of the designated time. They are not exact either because Toodledo sometimes has to send out a lot of reminders, so they start sending them a little early to make sure they all arrive reasonably close to the designated lead time.
Film Creatives

Anders - thanks, for clear, up to date, and based on actual recent experience explanation. Justin
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.