ForumsQuestionsSend reminders to different SMS/email ids by task?

Send reminders to different SMS/email ids by task?
Brian

Posted: Sep 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just signed up for Pro so I could send reminders to multiple SMS/email ids. However, I cannot find any way to selectively choose which ids I want to send the reminder to by task. I am using TD for both myself and my wife and depending on the task, I would like to send a reminder to either her or me or both, but it looks like it's an all or none (i.e. send to every id or none)? Is there any way to specify which ids get a reminder by task, folder, etc. If not, this seems to kill most of the benefit of being able to set up to 5 different reminder ids for Pro? THANKS.
Anders

Posted: Sep 15, 2009
There is no way to have reminders go out only to some of your reminder locations. You could set up a Gmail address or use some other email system that allows filtering and forwarding (like Zimbra), and filter tasks based on key words, etc. But there is no way to do it from Toodledo. The other thing you could do would be to set up separate accounts and use collaboration, but then you would run into problems when you want to both be reminded.
Brian

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
Having 5 reminder locations seems to be pretty useless if you have no control on a lower level then just the account. Is this something that may be coming anytime soon in the future?

I'm trying to simplify my life and really don't want to get into email forwarding, etc. One thing I was looking at was the collaborate functionality to share tasks with other users. I understand it's read only if the other acct is a free acct (which doesn't seem like it will help me), but if I add another Pro acct for my wife and assign tasks to her, will she get reminders for these tasks based on her reminder locs instead of mine? Also, will she need to go to collaborate view and select my name to see the tasks I create that are assigned to her or will those tasks show up in her normal To Do List like other tasks she creates. If so, seems like that may be something that would give me some control at the task level. Conversely, if I assign a task to her, will it still show in my To Do List and will I still get any reminders?

One suggestion - it would be very nice if you offered a trial period like many other subscription services so users could experiment with the different options to make sure it would work for what they want before purchasing. Related to that, can you confirm what your refund policy is for Pro subscription? I don't mind paying for another Pro acct if it's going to accomplish what I need, but obviously don't if it won't help me.

THANKS!
Anders

Posted by Brian:
One thing I was looking at was the collaborate functionality to share tasks with other users. I understand it's read only if the other acct is a free acct (which doesn't seem like it will help me), but if I add another Pro acct for my wife and assign tasks to her, will she get reminders for these tasks based on her reminder locs instead of mine?

Yes, if you assign a task to a collaborator, and it has a reminder, that reminder will be sent to the person who has been assigned the task. Basically when a task is assigned to someone, it becomes their task.

Also, will she need to go to collaborate view and select my name to see the tasks I create that are assigned to her or will those tasks show up in her normal To Do List like other tasks she creates.

No, when you assign a task to someone else, the task will appear in that person's task list.

Conversely, if I assign a task to her, will it still show in my To Do List and will I still get any reminders?

No, once a task has been assigned, it will go into the collaborator's list, and no longer appear in the assignor's list. However, you can clone a task quickly, before reassigning it, and then mark your copy as Delegated. That way, you will both receive reminders.

One suggestion - it would be very nice if you offered a trial period like many other subscription services so users could experiment with the different options to make sure it would work for what they want before purchasing.

There is a free trial. At least there used to be one. As far as I know it is still available.

Related to that, can you confirm what your refund policy is for Pro subscription? I don't mind paying for another Pro acct if it's going to accomplish what I need, but obviously don't if it won't help me.

THANKS!

I'm just a moderator, but I can point you toward this help topic: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=37
Also, look for the free trial.
Finally, here is more info on collaboration: http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php
Brian

Great. That helps. Sounds like that should work for me.

I couldn't find anything about a free trial, but saw there is a 30 day refund policy so that's fine.

I have to say I am very impressed at timeliness of responses and amount of detail with this forum. Much better then other company forums I've dealt with. 15 minute response is amazing! Thanks again!
replytoken

Posted by Brian:
I'm trying to simplify my life and really don't want to get into email forwarding, etc.

Actually, I find that e-mail forwarding using G-Mail helps simplify my life. I set up a simple filter or filters once and everything then happens automatically. YMMV.

--Ken
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 18, 2009
We do have a free trial. You can start it on the page where you would purchase a subscription.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.