ForumsQuestionsUpdate Start Dates?

Update Start Dates?
hirshleff

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have a long list of tasks that I am supposed to do every day but often don't get to. When I start work the next day I have to manually change the start date for each recurring item. If I don't do this, then when I check that I completed the task it just updates the date to the start date plus 1.

Is there a way to automatically update the start dates that have already passed to the current date?

Thanks.
Anders

You could set the tasks to repeat "from completion date". That way when they are marked, the task is regenerated based on the day you complete it, not its Due Date, so it doesn't matter if it is overdue.
Another thing you could do would be to use the due "optionally on" setting. That will cause the repeating tasks to disappear at the end of any day they are not completed, and regenerate anew the next day (if set to repeat daily).
Due Date modifiers: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42
Vin Thomas

You could set them to repeat daily. That might make it a little easier on you. Or you could tag them with a specific term and then do a search for them and multi-edit them all.
hirshleff

Thanks for the tips. Based on another suggestion I just did saved a search for dates before today and then learned how to use the multi-edit function to change all of the start dates at once.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.