ForumsQuestionsCarriage Returns in Notes

Carriage Returns in Notes
bruce

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

Too often I seem to lose the carriage returns in the notes. For example, I'll have a task note that looks like this:

- Finish lawn
- Sell remaining shares of GM
- File for bankruptcy

I'll click off the task and it seems to have saved fine. But when I click into the note to add to it, the 3 lines become:

- Finish lawn - Sell remaining shares of GM - File for bankruptcy

I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 but I've had the same issue with IE7.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Bruce
Anders

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
I have never seen anything like this happen, but it sounds quite a bit like what this user has been experiencing: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/3199/0/newlines-in-notes-deleted-and-bitly-tags.html
Toodledo is looking into that, so hopefully whatever they figure out will solve your problem too.
bruce

Posted: Sep 18, 2009
Glob of text? Yes.

Deleted lines? No.
Anders

Posted: Sep 18, 2009
I haven't seen any of this myself, so it's hard to know whether your issue is related or just similar. One way or another, it might be in your interest to start a support ticket with Toodledo so you can provide more detail, and maybe even screenshots of what you are seeing.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 19, 2009
If you edit a note, and then click outside of the note to cause it to save, and then immediately re-edit the note before it has had a chance to finish saving, it is possible for the carriage returns to be removed. We will fix this in the next update, but in the meantime, when you save a note, wait for the orange spinner to go away before re-editing it.
bruce

Posted: Sep 19, 2009
Will do.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.