ForumsQuestionsReoccuring tasks require synch?

Reoccuring tasks require synch?
bigmcp

Posted: Sep 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I really like this application but I have one issue that maybe someone can help me with. Maybe I don't have my application set right, but when I complete a reoccurring task, the next occurance of that task does not seem to show up in my tomorrow folder until after I "synch". I travel away from wifi and want the completed task to immediately generate the next occurance (even if I don't synch again), is this possible?
Anders

Posted: Sep 20, 2009
It is not possible. It's explained in the documentation/help in the app. The app can generate repeats itself, but if you set up sync with Toodledo.com, it will not do so, leaving that job to the website. I think the problem would be synchronization confusion if both the app, and the website were generating repeats.

So, I had an idea. I thought, if you disable syncronization, you should be able to have the app generate repeats. Then you could re-enable sync when you want, and are back on Wifi. Long story short, it doesn't work. Don't know why. Maybe if I had unlinked the tasks before removing my account login, but who knows.

Anyway, it seems the only way to have the app generate the repeats itself is to never have set up synchronization.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2009.
thpope

Posted: Sep 21, 2009
It works if you turn off sync, then create the repeating task. But I think most people would expect (and prefer) the task to repeat whenever sync'ing is off or the device is out of range for sync'ing. That's probably tricky to get right for them.

What's bugging me is when I check off a repeating task, I see the new repeat right under what I checked off. I want it show up in the list based on sort.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 21, 2009
The new occurrence of the repeating task will appear momentarily beneath the one you just created. This is to make it convenient to edit details on that task. As soon as you refresh the list (but sorting, filtering, or backing out and in again) it will put that task into the proper place.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.