ForumsQuestionsmoving subtasks easily

moving subtasks easily
One Red Sock

Posted: Jul 08, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
There may be a better way to set this up so I wanted to put this out there.

If I don't break down my day by where Im at I cant focus.
So a sample day would be
MON: at home
MON: at work
MON: at lunch
MON: after work
MON: at home
MON: before bed

So I have set up a folder called MONDAY and have created subtasks for the locations.

The thing is when the tasks don't get done I need to move them into the TUESDAY folder with subtasks (as i usually overextend what I can get done in a day). I'm having a hard time moving subtasks easily.

Originally before getting a pro account I just had a folder for everything which worked fine in transfering tasks, but was way to many folders. (6 per day x 7 days = 42 and thats not even including my other folders)

Is there a better way to do this? I need a way to transfer subtasks easily to other folders. (It would be great if I could select 10 tasks and just move them all, is this possible?)

Thanks for your help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Have you tried using contexts and due-dates? These two fields were designed to help you organize tasks by where and when they can be completed. This will be easier than manually sorting things into subfolders every day.
One Red Sock

No I havent. I didn't really want to mess around with due dates as nothing really has a due date but context sounds interesting. How do I do that?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
First, go to your account settings and look under "Fields used" you need to put a checkmark next to "context". Then look for the "contexts" links in the sidebar which you can use to setup your contexts. You can then add contexts to your tasks.

Hope that helps
Qrystal

Posted: Jul 09, 2008
It does sound like the contexts will help you with your "at home", "at work", etc.

As for the days of the week, I totally understand what you mean: you want to select tasks to work on for that day, so you can keep focused on those tasks. But, life happens, and sometimes they don't all get done so you want them to carry over to the next day.

The "Starred" list is how I handle this stuff. And if you had contexts set up for the other stuff, you could view your Starred list by the context you're currently in.

(In fact, this is such a great idea, I am thinking I need to set up Contexts to better guide me in this way!)
One Red Sock

Posted: Jul 09, 2008
Thanks everyone! I set up contexts last night and they work perfect for what i need. Ill have to check out the Starred list too. The more I work with this program the better it gets! Thank you.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.