ForumsQuestionsRecreatable bug in Chrome: overwritten notes

Recreatable bug in Chrome: overwritten notes
Andrew

Posted: Sep 24, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have several times experienced the same problem described in this (now locked) thread:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/935/-4505/notes-mixup-sync-problem.html

I am now able to repeatedly recreate the error as follows, but only when using Chrome:

- On a task that already has a note (let's call it Task A), click the note icon to expand the note, then click the note text to show text edit box, then click outside the text edit box to get out of edit mode
- Go to a new web site in the same browser tab (eg, type in "www.yahoo.com" or, as is what often happens with me, click on a link contained in the notes of Task A)
- After new site (eg, Yahoo) is loaded, click the back button to return to ToodleDo
- On a different task that already has a note (let's call it Task B), click the note icon to expand the note, then click on the note text to show the text edit box. When doing so, the text edit box contains the note from Task A, not Task B!!! If you click outside the text edit box, the note of Task A is then saved over the note of Task B, thus erasing the original Task B note. (If you notice this error before clicking outside the Task B note edit box, you can close the browser tab to prevent the note from being overwritten.)

I've lost a lot of notes from this until just now figuring out what was going on.
IceHeartX

Posted by Andrew:
I have several times experienced the same problem described in this (now locked) thread:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/935/-4505/notes-mixup-sync-problem.html

I am now able to repeatedly recreate the error as follows, but only when using Chrome:

- On a task that already has a note (let's call it Task A), click the note icon to expand the note, then click the note text to show text edit box, then click outside the text edit box to get out of edit mode
- Go to a new web site in the same browser tab (eg, type in "www.yahoo.com" or, as is what often happens with me, click on a link contained in the notes of Task A)
- After new site (eg, Yahoo) is loaded, click the back button to return to ToodleDo
- On a different task that already has a note (let's call it Task B), click the note icon to expand the note, then click on the note text to show the text edit box. When doing so, the text edit box contains the note from Task A, not Task B!!! If you click outside the text edit box, the note of Task A is then saved over the note of Task B, thus erasing the original Task B note. (If you notice this error before clicking outside the Task B note edit box, you can close the browser tab to prevent the note from being overwritten.)

I've lost a lot of notes from this until just now figuring out what was going on.

I've seen similar behaviour, but hadn't yet narrowed it down to chrome. But I see it in the tag field more often than the note.
Anders

This happened the first time I tried it. It is definitely Chrome only. I'm sure Toodledo will look into it. You could just open links in a new tab for now, or use Firefox :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 28, 2009
Thanks for the detailed bug report. We'll get this fixed!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.