ForumsQuestionsAny Flexibility to Change Date Completed?

Any Flexibility to Change Date Completed?
sandyroos

Posted: Sep 25, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm re-evaluating Toodledo again after a long lapse so I don't know if there's a way to change the date a task was completed. Sometimes I have to play catch-up and clean out my tasks, usually at the end of the week. A task may have been completed so I can get it off my list, but I need to put the correct date the task was completed, not when I check it off during my catch-up session. So I'm using Toodledo as a timesheet of sorts for clients, accountant, etc. so at the end of the month its easy to just export my completed tasks to Excel so my time could be billed and the dates I completed them are accurate. Can this be done?
Anders

Posted: Sep 25, 2009
Completion dates are not currently user-editable, but Toodledo has said they plan to add that ability in a future update: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/3338/-17948/read.html
TheGriff_2

Posted: Sep 30, 2009
FWIW I use Due Date to indicate when a task was truly completed to get around the limitation. Most of my task don't have due dates by default (ala GTD) so I find I can use that field as I wish.
Proximo

Posted: Oct 01, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
@sandyroos

Very good point. I export my completed task in CVS format for my monthly reporting. I don't care so much about having the correct completion date for what I do, but I can see the benefit in what you are asking for.

I just never thought about it.

@TheGriff

As a GTDer, I also don't have many due dates for task. Only the ones that are TRULY due on a particular day. That concept limits the amount of task you will use this with.

@Anders

Thanks for digging up the post. I never really thought about having the ability to change the completion date, but it makes perfect sense to do so.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.