ForumsQuestionsIn Outlook, how do I put it in the same list as the app?

In Outlook, how do I put it in the same list as the app?
alton.jx

Posted: Sep 27, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
In the app, i have a list called "LSU". I've tried making a category on outlook task called "LSU" but when I add a new task, it just goes to the "All" and "inbox" sections on the app, it doesn't go to the lsu list. is this a toodledo issue or a ToDo (the app im using) issue?
Anders

It actually sounds like an issue with the Outlook sync tool which is another third party application. You should look a the developer's site to make sure you have it set up properly to create Folders on Toodledo from Outlook categories. Here is the website: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
If you think you have it set up right, and it is still not working, you should try to email the developer (you can find his email on that website), and possibly send him a trace log from the sync tool. You could also try posting in the Third-Party Applications forum where he regularly checks and answers questions, and other users may have ideas as well.
alton.jx

Thanks, I got it. I had to map the outlook categories into the toodledo folders. Now I'm seeing duplicate tasks in toodledo and not outlook. I sync them every minute to try, and it's still showing duplicates in toodledo but not outlook =(
Anders

At this point, as long as you have everything in Outlook, it might be easiest to just clear out the Toodledo website (download a backup of your data first of course), and then start fresh with the sync tool. Or you could simply try deleting the old copies of the duplicated tasks, but I honestly don't know what would work for that. If you feel stuck, or don't want to risk losing anything, the best thing to do is get a trace log from the app, and email it to the developer at Chromatic Dragon with an explanation of what is happening.
alton.jx

That's exactly what I need to do. How do I clear out my toodledo website? I've been trying to do that for the longest, lol
Anders

The first thing I would do is download your XML export file from this page: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_xml.php
That way, just in case anything goes wrong, you know you can at least get back to where you are now.

Then go to your Account settings: http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php
At the bottom of that page is an option to delete all of your tasks. As for the sync tool, I don't use it myself, so I am not sure what is the best way to go, but it seems like uninstalling it and reinstalling it, then starting it off with all the settings the way you want them might be the cleanest method.
alton.jx

Sweet, I deleted them all. I'm syncing them again, they're going in their correct folders and everything, JUST how I want it. Thanks so much dude :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.