ForumsQuestionsMy T-do Email Changed?

My T-do Email Changed?
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 09, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
OK, I'm not certain how I managed to do this, or perhaps a Toodledo change did it and I just hadn't paid attention.

This morning I Jott'd a task to my list. I received an email message back from Jott saying it was successfully delivered. Great! Except it wasn't on my list when I checked this afternoon. So I checked the address in my Jott Contacts and in the Toodledo Import settings - and it is very much different!

How would that have changed? I do use Jott to create tasks - always worked before. The last time I can remember was about two weeks ago.

Do you remember when I asked about trying to change my login email address for Toodledo and it turned out that I had an older free account that was using that address? And I then deleted it? Could that have somehow caused the change in my Toodledo input email address? If so, the really odd part is that all of the Jott tasks I have sent in the past managed to get to my correct, current, Pro Plus account list!

Anyway, I appreciate any help you can give me to understand how this happened. (So I can avoid it, hopefully, in the future!)

Thanks!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is nothing that Toodledo can do to affect your Jott account. It's a one way connection from Jott to Toodledo.

So if something has changed in your Jott settings it must have been done by Jott. I would try contacting them if you are unable to correct the settings by yourself. You could also try removing the Toodledo-Jott connection and then recreating it.

Hope that helps
J-Mac

Sorry, either I was not clear in stating the problem, or you misunderstood my post.

The email address in my Jott Contacts page used to be my Toodledo email address. I got it from my Toodledo account in Import>Email Import and entered it into my Jott account. When I called Jott and told it ot send a Jott to Toodledo, it used that email address and always got to my ToDo List.

Today I sent a Jott to my Toodledo ToDo List in the same way - I called Jott and said I wanted to send a Jott to Toodledo. Jott then transcribed the message and sent it to the same Toodledo email address I have in my Jott Contacts - which, again, I got from my account. However it never reached my Toodledo ToDo List this time.

Trying to find out why it never arrived, I looked in my Toodledo account at Import<Email Import and - - surprise! My Toodledo Email Import address is now different!

How could it have changed?

Thank you.

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Oh, I see. Since you mentioned that you had 2 accounts, I suspect that you registered Jott under one of them and that is why it is different for the one that you are using now. To fix it, you can simply update Jott to point to the new address.

Or better yet, use our official Jott widget and you won't even need to bother with this. You can find more information on our "Connections" page, and we have instructions here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_jott.php

Hope that helps.
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 10, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
Oh, I see. Since you mentioned that you had 2 accounts, I suspect that you registered Jott under one of them and that is why it is different for the one that you are using now. To fix it, you can simply update Jott to point to the new address.

Or better yet, use our official Jott widget and you won't even need to bother with this. You can find more information on our "Connections" page, and we have instructions here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_jott.php

Hope that helps.

Thanks Jake. Glad I finally made it at least a little more clear - not easy to do!

I had already fixed this issue before I posted here - that wasn't hard to do.

The real question, the proverbial $64,000 question, is....

Why was that Jott Link, apparently set up using the old free Toodledo account's Import Email address, actually working with my current Pro Plus account?

Yes, I have been using the Jott Link all along and it the tasks I created via Jott were appearing in my newer Pro Plus account. Then when I could not change my login email address on the Pro Plus account, I realized that I used to have a free account with that Login. So I deleted that account last month and the Jott Link stopped working!

Somehow Toodledo was passing those tasks created with the old account's import email address to my current account!

Not a bad thing! Just amazing that it worked it out like that. (Toodledo is actually much smarter than even I thought!)

Thanks!

Jim
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.