ForumsQuestionsSearch - Goal not working??

Search - Goal not working??
Eric

Posted: Jul 10, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have a search

Check Of is NO
Goal is No Goal

Nothing found, yet I have about 7 on the Main Page that fit this criteria...What am I doing wrong

I use this search as my "Inbox"

Help...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am not sure what is causing this. I just ran the same search and it worked as expected on my account. Do you have any other search terms in there?

Try using "goal is no goal" as the only search term and see if that brings back all of your completed and uncompleted tasks that are missing a goal. If that works, try adding back in the "checked off=no" rule and see what happens.
Eric

"Forgot" my Inbox Saved Search

Created new

Goal is no goal

nothing returned

hmmm....
Jake

Toodledo Founder
hmmmmm indeed. What web browser are you using?

Also, can you make this a saved search in your account again, so we can take a look at it and see if it is getting saved wrong.

Thanks

This message was edited Jul 10, 2008.
Eric

Firefox 3
This search was working prior to the Advanced Search release.
Search is saved as Inbox

Thanks for the awesome support
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Very strange. I took that saved search and ran it on my account and it was working. Hmmm...

When you say that no tasks show up, are you actually getting the "Nothing matched your search" message?

Do other searches work for you? Try doing a search for only uncompleted tasks.
Eric

Now it works...

But modifying a search doesn't seem to work. Anyway my big problem appears to be solved.

Thanks for the fast help. Toodledo is the best!!!
InfoJeff

Posted by Eric:
But modifying a search doesn't seem to work.

When you modify a search, it simply creates a "new search", so you need to give it a name to save the search to use again.

If you use the same name for this new search, it creates an additional saved search (you will have 2 searches with the same name). You will need to "forget" the saved search which is incorrect so that old saved search is deleted and therefore you end up with only one saved search with that name.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.