ForumsQuestionsthe future of Contexts

the future of Contexts
Qrystal

Posted: Jul 11, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have been seriously contemplating doing a major revamp on how I use Contexts, but first I really want to know: are there any plans in the future for changing how Contexts work? Specifically, are you considering making it possible to set multiple contexts on a single task?

Basically, if there's going to be changes coming up, I don't want to go through the hassle of changing anything only to have to change it again.

Hmm, there might be a way to do what I'm thinking using Contexts + Tags, especially now that the Awesome Search has been implemented...

I just think it would be great to start using the Context filter, and that a change to how I use Contexts might help me out.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 14, 2008
We are not planning to change contexts any time soon. If you need to assign multiple contexts to tasks, we suggest using tags, or combining contexts (for example: WorkPhone, HomePhone).

Hope that helps
Qrystal

Posted: Jul 15, 2008
Thanks for your reply.

I do already use combined contexts, but they feel kinda awkward, hence the need for a change in how I do it. I'm sure it will be some combination of contexts and tags.

I'm also sure I'll eventually feel my system is tweaked enough that I'll feel ready to write about it in its entirety. :P
gpl

Posted: Aug 12, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
We are not planning to change contexts any time soon. If you need to assign multiple contexts to tasks, we suggest using tags, or combining contexts (for example: WorkPhone, HomePhone).

Hope that helps

It's a pity: multiple contexts are things of life! :-)

Anyway, I'll try not to use at all contexts and to switch to tags...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.