Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Questions

Ability to Set Default Folder for Emailed Tasks

AuthorMessage
Kenny Schiff

Posted: Oct 05, 2009
Score: 0

I often BCC to Toodledo items that I want to track when either emailing tasks to my staff or when monitoring "Waiting For" updates.

I don't want to confuse my recipients regarding Tooldedo syntax in the subject line, so I will not include any additional Tooldedo syntax when I send, and the email ends up in the "No Folder" folder. I have a folder that I call InBox (used for processing), which I would love to set up as my default email location when no other syntax is indicated.
Proximo

Posted: Oct 05, 2009

It's on the list of things to do.
ilroberts

Posted: Oct 20, 2009

+1 on this one - it took me a while to find the stuff I'd emailed in as I'd set the default folder to be "inbox" I expected to find emailed items in that folder.
ken

Posted: Oct 22, 2009

Posted by ilroberts:
+1 on this one - it took me a while to find the stuff I'd emailed in as I'd set the default folder to be "inbox" I expected to find emailed items in that folder.

I submitted a feature request tonight asking for the ability to have the default folder apply to items e-mailed to Toodledo.

But reading the above post, I really think this is a UI problem. The user is presented a choice of Defaults for new tasks in Account Settings. That should apply to *all* new tasks - no matter the source - unless explicitly stated otherwise.

*At the very least* users should be told in account settings and/or the e-mail configuration screen that default settings do not apply to e-mailed items.

I'd still like to see default items apply globally, where special e-mail syntax would overwrite the defaults.
Jake

Toodledo Admin

You are right, we should make it clear that the defaults currently only work on the website, and not for adding via other means.
Proximo

This is why I had to kill my "Inbox" folder.

I got tired of having to add *inbox at the end of my entries. If I wasted time doing that, I could have just picked a folder for it to go in.

I like to dump things into my inbox quickly and prevent myself from thinking anymore about it until I process it later.

No I am back to using the "No Folder" for all my new task.

too bad. :-(
philippe_andro

Posted: Mar 10, 2010

+1 on this one. No other comments but this need appeared in forums since 2009 June. Since that date, Toodledo said we will implement. Do we have a schedule or some news for this need's implementation?
Qrystal

Posted: Mar 10, 2010

You could define a saved search that you could call Inbox, and set it to find anything that has No Folder.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Questions

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014