ForumsQuestionsSyntax not working at all

Syntax not working at all
sebastian

Posted: Oct 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm helpless stuck on adding tasks via mail, twitter or toodleair.

With the Syntax:

learn math *learn @home #today =2pm

Shouldn't there appear a task with the name

learn math, the context learn, in the folder home, with the date today at 2pm ?

What i get is a folderless, contextless, task dated at december 31, 1969.

If it worked correctly, another question would be, do i have to create contexts an folders before, or are they created automatically by toodledo when recieving a tweet or mail ?

Would it be possible to add a due-time with =14:00 instead of =2pm ?
Anders

It should have a Context and Folder, though you have those symbols reversed (* is folder, @ is context). The Folder and Context do have to already exist on Toodledo I believe, but there is no reason your Due Date should show up as 1969. Have you tried and had the same result from different email programs, etc.?

As I mentioned, I'm pretty sure you cannot add new Folders/Contexts through email. You can send your Due Times in 24-hour time (i.e. 14:00).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I'm not sure what is going on. I just sent "learn math *learn @home #today =2pm" to myself and it came through as expected. Anders is right that the folder/context must exist first. You cannot create new folders/contexts via email. You might try again, and make sure there isn't anything extra in the subject.

This message was edited Oct 09, 2009.
sebastian

silly me, everything has to be typed into the subject line, not just the taskname....

it works now via email and twitter. but i think the toodleair app is broken. I'm getting a different result.

----

wouldnt it make life easier if folders were created automatically ? so far a feature request from me.
Anders

Yes, anything in the body of the email will go into the Notes field of the task.

ToodleAir is working for me. You could check that you have the latest version: http://www.jga23.com/2009/07/
You can also enable the debugger by using the (`) key in the app to bring up the options menu.

BTW, Toodledo, the link in the connections page does not lead to the most recent version of the app.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.