ForumsQuestionsRepeats Not Working

Repeats Not Working
auciker

Posted: Jul 14, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I've made 3 daily repeating tasks, and they're not repeating. This is the 3rd day in a row that I've had to make those tasks again. Are repeats broken?
DaveW

Due-date modifiers on repeating tasks don't appear to be working, either.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Do you have these tasks set to "repeat from completion date"? If so, when you complete a daily task with a due-date of tomorrow, it will appear to not be completed because it is being moved forward from the completion date (today) to tomorrow, which makes it appear not to move. I hope I described that well.

The other thing you may want to check is that these tasks have a due-date. If a task doesn't have a due-date, it doesnt know when to repeat.
DaveW

The repeating tasks that I have the "?" modifier on are set to repeat daily from due-date (due-date is set). I did not check them off, and they have not moved forward.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you also go into your account settings and make sure that your timezone is set correctly. If Toodledo doesn't know when midnight is for you, the tasks will not be moved forward at the correct time.
azymus

Posted: Jun 26, 2009
The Administrator describe correctly one of my problem. I have a 48 hours windows to complete a daily tasks. When the tasks is completed, I want the task to be repeated the next day.

So I use Today as start date and Tomorrow as due date, that create my 48 hours windows.

But if I complete the task in the first 24 hours, that doesn't work if I use the repeat on Completion date.

And if I use the repeat on Due date, that put the next task in 48 hours, not tomorrow as I need.

That not an easy one. We should have a third option, like repeat on Start date.
Anders

Posted: Jun 26, 2009
When is the task regenerated when you use repeat from completion date? It seems like that should be what you want.
azymus

Posted: Jun 27, 2009
No Anders. When I use the "Completion date", because it's before the Due date, the task regenerate for the same day.

"Start Date 20, Due date 21 Repeat Daily on Completion date" the tasks doesn't disappear from the list if I did it the 20.

Repeat on "Due date" work fine if I complete the tasks in the required 48 hours. But if the task was overdue for many week, that regenerate many useless repeat.
Anders

I'm sorry, but I'm still not 100% certain what you are trying to do. Are you saying that if you comlete the task in the first 24 hours, you want the next occurrence to show up 2 days later? By the way, is the task set to repeat daily, or what?

This message was edited Jun 27, 2009.
azymus

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I like Toodledo already switch everything on it. That's only a small problem for me, I can change date manually. But because you ask, let me resume what I'm trying to do.

I setup a repeating task daily, start today (ie June 27th), due tomorrow (ie June 28th).

Whatever the day I completed the task, I want the start date to become the day after I completed the task. So I complete the task today, I want the task to disappear from today. So, if the task is done today, I want to have a Start date of June 28th and a Due date of June 29th.

If I repeat from Completion date, that situation work fine if the task is Overdue (like done July 3rd). But if I complete the task today (June 27th) the tasks doesn't disappear from my list.

If I repeat from Due date, that situation work fine if the task is done today or tomorrow. But that doesn't appear to work as desired if I complete the task a week overdue (ie July 3rd).

For this last exemple, the start day should become July 4th and the due date July 5th. From what I see, that not what happening.
Anders

I think I get it now. Try setting the task to repeat every two days. You will have to click the wand next to the repeat window, on the task entry screen, or Advanced Options if editing the repeat field of the existing task, and then tyoe "every two days". Then repeat from completion date. I believe that should do the trick. The Due Date will regenerate for two days after you complete the task, and the Start Date should be the day after the previous completion.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks Anders for figuring that out. I believe that that will work.
azymus

Posted: Jun 28, 2009
Thanks. I think you find the solution. I will start using it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.