ForumsQuestionsScheduler "Nothing matched your criteria"

Scheduler "Nothing matched your criteria"
johnswallow

Posted: Oct 13, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

I've just upgraded to Pro, primarily so that I can use the Scheduler option (as I'm a fantastic waster of time, but if I'm told to do something I will. :) )

My Toodledo To Do list is showing about 20 items, all of which have got start dates, estimated durations (ranging from 15 minutes up to 2 hours). But when I go to run the Scheduler and tell it I've got "2 hours" to spare (it doesn't actually matter what I tell it) it always comes back and says "Nothing matched your criteria."

What criteria is it referring to? I can't see any way to control what Scheduler is picking up.
Mic

Hello, can you confirm that some of you start dates are in the past?

If they are all in the future, it seems correct that the scheduler cannot pick anything.
johnswallow

Yes, several started Yesterday or Today. I do have a couple of future ones though.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Are you using either of the folder or context filters when using the scheduler? Try typing in 10000 hours and leave both filters to "Any folder/Any Context" and see if it shows anything. If it doesn't then there is a problem.
johnswallow

Where are these filters?

If I go on the Task List view, and choose Filters I can only filter by: "Hide/Show Recently Completed", "Hide/Show -1 Negative Priority" and "Hide/Show Future Tasks".

On the Scheduler screen there are no filter options, just a field for me to enter the time range.

Sorry if I'm being very stupid, but this site is new to me. :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you don't see the filters on the scheduler page, then you are not using the folder or context fields and don't need to worry about it. What happens when you enter 10000 hours into the time available spot?
johnswallow

If I put 10,000 hours into time available it doesn't make a different unfortunately - it still says nothing matched your criteria.

This message was edited Oct 13, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Hmm, that is very strange. I will look into it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ok, it has been fixed. Please give it another try.

The problem was that you gave all your tasks a folder, but then turned the folder field off. When the folder field was turned off, the scheduler was looking for tasks without a folder. I changed this, so it will work now.
johnswallow

Posted: Oct 14, 2009
Thanks for your help. It's definitely working now.

Sorry if I confused the software, I was trying to work out which fields would work for me and then decided not to use Folders.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.