ForumsQuestionsDefault priority needs to carry over to email-based tasks

Default priority needs to carry over to email-based tasks
cardplayer

Posted: Oct 13, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I LOVE Toodledo, and I think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread for GTD.

I have my default priority set to "Medium". This way, all things being equal, 90% of my to-do's get the same priority. When I sit down to prioritize, I use this rough list:

Negative: Wish
Low: Someday/Maybe
Medium: Default/Normal
High: Focus
Top: On Fire

The issue is, I use the email integration a TON, and the tasks created via email do not respect my setting for default priority. Can this please be added?

Thanks!
Anders

Toodledo has said they plan to make the new task defaults more universally applied. Currently, they only apply to tasks added on the website with the "Add a Task" button.

You can also set things like priority using the special email syntax: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php
For instance to set medium priority, just put a "!" at the end of the subject.
cardplayer

Anders,

Thanks! This is good to know. One thing is (I made a separate post about this topic) I use BCC: extensively for delegation and follow-up. Currently, I don't want to mark up my subject lines because I don't want people to get @Waiting in the subject of mail I send them, etc. :) I am glad to hear that the defaults will apply more broadly in the future.

I appreciate the follow-up.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.