ForumsQuestionsSum up of children sub-task automatically

Sum up of children sub-task automatically
matianfu

Posted: Oct 24, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I need the subtask function and hence upgrade my account to pro subscription.

But to my surprise, I found the time length (both estimated and recorded) of a parent task could NOT sum up all that of its children automatically. I must calculate and fill it manually so that the total estimated lengths at the page bottom is right. This is really frustrating.

And in my humble opinion, probably a sub-folder function is more useful than sub-task. In most case we just need to group some tasks into a container. A parent task is merely a container rather than a real task, as in most project management software. Right?

Hope you provide some solution.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 26, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Some people definitely want it your way, where the priority, due-date, length, etc are calculated from the subtasks, but some people like it the way it is now. We plan to support both styles in a future update, with a user preference setting.
BruceVee

Posted: Nov 04, 2009
One additional idea I would like is when you add a subtask the Folder, Context, Tags would also be applied to the subtask. Making this be an option by the user (toodledoer)
Anders

Posted: Nov 04, 2009
Having subtasks inherit parent task attributes is a popular request, and Toodledo has said they plan to implement that as an option in a future update. Currently Folder should be inherited in most cases (depending on how you add the subtask).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.