ForumsQuestionsCollaboration Questions

Collaboration Questions
Mason

Posted: Jul 18, 2008
Score: 4 Reference
Hi Everyone,

My fiancee and I have both been using Toodledo for a little while now, and we finally upgraded to Pro accounts so that we can share our todo lists.

Well, after setting everything up, I am either missing several settings or very underwhelmed by the collaboration system.

Here are the things I was hoping to be able to do. Please let me know if they are possible somehow:

1) Share a list as if it were owned by both of us. Have it show up in both of our main folders, hotlists, etc... Basically, the simplest form of sharing. If I add a task, she should be able to see and complete it. If she adds one, I should be able to. In the current system it takes several clicks to find share lists, and they don't show up anywhere in the main account.

2) We are also both using mobile devices for our todo lists, and the collaboration simply doesn't exist on the "slim" version of the site, and it won't sync with 3rd party apps because it isn't listed as one of the folders in the main account. Is it somehow possible to have the shared lists work as if they were any old normal list so they would appear on the mobile version and sync with apps like Todo and OutlookSync?

Thanks in advance for your time,

- Mason
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 18, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Currently, Toodledo does not have the ability to have a list owned by two (or more) people. This is definitely something that we want to add in the future.

Right now, each list must be owned by someone and you can then give permission for other people to view that list.
jrorci

Posted: Aug 09, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
Will have to second both of these suggestions. My girlfriend and I signed up on our mobiles hoping to upgrade to pro in order to do this exact sharing option. Didn't realize this wasn't possible until we did the pro trial. I hope you'll consider adding this shared feature feature soon.

For example, we'd love to be able to make a grocery list that we could both add to throughout the week that would show up on both our lists etc. Household chores are another example. Share the chore on both lists and whoever gets to it first checks it off the list.

Best,
J.R.
WirelessRage

Posted: Aug 11, 2008
It would be great to see this happen.
saathalye

Posted: Sep 10, 2008
Toodledo developers,

Please consider the option of truly sharing a task, i.e. a task is created and is shared between 1 - n collaborators. If it was assigned a context and a folder then the shared task shows up in the context and folder for all collaborators.

What we are really looking for is for a group to create a set of tasks that are visible to all and are dynamically updated as people change and check things off.

This will really help families manage common tasks, and teams make progress on shared tasks and goals. The common context and folder helps GTD for a family.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is definitely something that we want to add in the future.
John

I think I have a workaround until the awesome developers at Toodledo can whip up an enhancement.

1. Create a list on Jott called "Grocery Store" or something similar
2. Add your phone number and your collaborators phone number to your account
3. Link your Jott and Toodledo accounts
4. Each of you can call in your additions to the list in Jott and then it will be automatically added into Toodledo
5. One of you will have to manage the list, but both of you will be able to view it on your mobile

I have been doing this for a couple of weeks with some success

Hope this helps
jesse

Posted: Sep 11, 2008
Agreed, this would make this useful program infinitely more useful. Currently we are using this software in an office of 5, and not having this functionality almost makes me look for an alternative solution. Please make this possible!
dgushta

Posted: Oct 14, 2008
I too purchard the pro version thinking that my girlfreind and I would be able to share a common list. I also sold one of my partners on the Toodledo based on my understanding that 1 list could be shared by multiple pro subscribers.

Is there a sense of when functionality might become available? This is lcearly something that many want and I think would propell Toodledo to the next level.

If anyone has suggestions in the meantime, please share your ideas.
smtiller

Posted: Oct 19, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
Currently, Toodledo does not have the ability to have a list owned by two (or more) people. This is definitely something that we want to add in the future.

Right now, each list must be owned by someone and you can then give permission for other people to view that list.

I have added my girlfreind as a collaborator and shared my lists. She cannot see them. What am I doing wrong?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 20, 2008
Where is she looking for them? To view a collaborators list, you click the "Collaborators" link in the toolbar near the top of your list, and then select the person's name. This will switch you to their list.

Hope that helps
MJ & Matt

Posted: Jan 25, 2009
Hi

I'm new to this (ex Remember the Milk).
I need it to work with my boyfriend. (We both need read and edit)

We have 1 log on and we have 3 folders - His, Hers & Joint.

It works well.

So that you both get the daily email list you can just set up an automatic email forward. (But it would be nice to have the option on Toodledo)

Thanks
George

Posted: Feb 24, 2009
Any ETA on the shared owner list feature? Our management team could really use it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 24, 2009
Sorry, we don't comment on timelines for features. We're working on it.
ericyber

Posted: Aug 10, 2009
This is exacly what I want! See my earlier post. I know you don't announce ETA's, but please give us hope ;-)
Erik

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
This is something that I thought would be included with PRO aswell, but it wasn´t. Would be nice to have an option that shows all lists shared and local under one view, so we don´t have to switch between collaborators. Thanks.
Urania8

Posted: Nov 10, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
If this is where we sign up for wishes, add me to the list. Right now it's a dead end for an awesome program. There must be a way to see shared tasks on both persons to do lists. Why does it disappear when it is assigned? Don't I still own the task?

Pretty Pretty Please...
Effervescence

Posted: Nov 11, 2009
+ 1
todo

Posted: Feb 09, 2010
I am looking for the same functionality. I would also like this to be implemented in the iphone app.
Kevin OHara

Posted: Mar 19, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
This is almost a dealkiller. I hope this is added. Right now, the concept of "sharing" doesn't really even exist. Assignment is what you are able to do.

I'd like to have the ability to share a folder of tasks between two people.

I'd also like to have a shared folder for a group and not have to assign tasks. That way, the folder can serve as a queue and group members could check it, complete a random task or two, and mark it completed for the group. This would be useful in business scenarios.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.