ForumsQuestionsChanges to due dates not updating Google calendar

Changes to due dates not updating Google calendar
MC

Posted: Jul 18, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I've noticed that whenever I make changes to a task's due date, it does not update via the iCal subscription to Google calendar. I've tried this several times over the last week with no luck.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.
J-Mac

I believe that is an iCal sync issue. Not so much here, but I have had an annoying number of problems with G-Cal not properly syncing with Backpack in the same manner.

I don't know if it is due to a flaw in the iCal process or Google's implementation of it.

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Google only syncs their iCal subscriptions once a day. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell Google to do it faster. If you want this feature, please let Google know.
MC

The problems only pertain to changes made to the due date of existing tasks. The Google synchronization of new tasks is working fine.

In my tests, the changes I made to the due dates still have not updated on Google calendar even after 4 days. Synchronization of all new tasks is working and updating every 4 hours or so.

Thanks again for your assistance.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 19, 2008
Very strange. Toodledo publishes the changes instantly, and other calendar apps don't have a problem picking up the changes. We don't know why Google has problems, but we'll keep looking into it to see if we can find a solution.
hawkeyeted

Posted: Aug 03, 2008
Is there any update to this? I'm still having the same issue with existing task due dates not updating. (Aug 3)

This message was edited Aug 03, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This must be a problem with Google, because I have checked and when you update a task's due-date, it is immediately posted to the iCal file. The next time Google reads the file they should get the new information. Since they aren't updating the task on their side, I think they must have a bug or maybe a reason why they don't change due-dates. You will need to ask Google for support on this one.
hawkeyeted

I'll harass Google then. If the calendar doesn't pickup the date change, it's kind of a deal breaker for me.

What i don't understand why this seems to only effect Toodledo. Jott seems to work fine.

This message was edited Aug 03, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
How do you edit a due-date in Jott and have it show up in Google Calendar?
hawkeyeted

Posted: Aug 04, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
How do you edit a due-date in Jott and have it show up in Google Calendar?

That's OUR question! :-)

If I scheduled an event to be due on a given Wednesday, but changed to a Friday, I should be able to change the due date in Toodledo and have the date shift in Gcal from Wednesday to Friday.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 04, 2008
You mentioned that it works fine in Jott, and I was just asking for an explanation of this because I didn't know that Jott was capable of connecting to Gcal.
Francesco

Posted: Nov 26, 2008
Hi to all.

I have the same issue too.
Is there any update to this?
Has anyone asked to Google?

Thanks in advance.
chauzer

Posted: Feb 23, 2009
any update on this? im getting the same issue :(

i tried removing the toodledo ical from google calendar and adding it again and still same thing.. been 2 days and the date hasnt changed

This message was edited Feb 23, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 23, 2009
It's a Google bug, so we'll have to wait for them to fix it.
Jason.ross

Posted: Mar 12, 2009
I had the same problem. This seems to happen when I set the task to repeat from completion date instead of due date. GCal will repeat the task only from the due date.

I think I have found a way around this by using the "any other" ical link instead of the one optimized for gcal. I'll report back after a few days of using this feed.
Jason.ross

Posted: May 24, 2009
Didn't work. Although changing the feed initially corrected the dates, as soon as I "completed" a task to which I had set "repeat upon completion" it fails to recognize the new date and simply uses the original repeat date.
Anders

Posted: May 24, 2009
I have been examining the behavior of my iCals on Google Calendar, and this issue seems to be somehow related to the problem that they have with any change to a task. New tasks show up fine and quickly, but if you change a task that is already on Google, it takes forever to change if it ever even does. I think the repeats are falling prey to the same thing, and being treated sort of like changed items. It's definitely a Google thing, and it is another reason I am beginning to get very frustrated with them.

~Anders
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.