ForumsQuestions"No Folder" at top of folder sort?

"No Folder" at top of folder sort?
Kevin

Posted: Jul 18, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
I understand that there is currently no option for a default folder (it would be a nice feature, and one that many other GTD programs have). Barring that, is there any way to move the tasks that have no folder up to the top of the folder sort view? It would be helpful to have them at the top, so I know I have tasks I need to categorize.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. You might also try clicking on the "No Folder" tab in the "Folder View" to see the tasks that are uncategorized.
InfoJeff

If you have many folders (like me), you need to click over on the right where it says "More" and then scroll down to find the "No Folder" link. If that is the case for you, maybe you could create a saved search called something like "tasks to categorize" or "GTD Inbox" that has:
"Checked Off"="no"
and
"Folder" is "No Folder"

If that sounds like you want to try it, I posted about this with a screen shot at:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/339/0/inbox-equals-tasks-missing-certain-fields.html
Kevin

Thanks. I actually try to limit my folders to about 10. I really would just like "new stuff" I haven't categorized to come up on top when I open Toodledo, because I enter a majority of my tasks in Toodledo via the Jott link, and I like to "process my inbox" in GTD fashion before evaluating my current tasks for action.
jwelshjr

Posted: Jul 21, 2008
I had asked about this same thing a number of months ago since I also am a frequent Jott user and completely understand your desire to have these items appear immediately for processing. However, since then I have simply made a mental shift to consider "No Folder" as my Inbox in ToodleDo. I now think of it as my Inbox and call it my Inbox. It is my Inbox.

On the Folder view I can see if there are any items in No Folder (I have the "Show Tab Counts" option turned on) and know whether or not there are any items to process. I just go to No Folder when I am ready to process my Inbox. No biggie. I suppose it also helps that I've also whittled down my list of Folders significantly.

So, while the feature might be nice, I guess what I'm saying is that the existing configuration can work fine with just a small perspective tweak. ;-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.