ForumsQuestionsiPhone App -> Force Sync from iPhone to Toodledo

iPhone App -> Force Sync from iPhone to Toodledo
Michael.Huge

Posted: Nov 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
After using some different iPhone Apps for ToDo's, I started now with the Toodledo App. Two things in the app are very helpful, the start date and importance.

I like the App and do everything on my iPhone - adding new tasks, editing existing tasks ...

I need the website for backup and export features to f.e. Excel.

Therefore I tried the sync mode "Force iPhone -> Toodledo sync". From my > 100 Tasks only one recently finished Task is synced. Nothing else except the tags and context - but no tasks.

Is there a bug or is it the user ;-( ?

Thanks

Michael Huge
Anders

So, after the force sync, you have no tasks on the Toodledo website? Is it possible there is a filter blocking them. Tags don't even sync on their own. They only sync if a task containing them is synced. I would try a search for all tasks to make sure there is not a filter in the way.
Michael.Huge

So, I tried:
- tags aren't synced, folders and contexts are
- a search for all "via iPhone added" tasks or all Tasks "checked is no" did not match.

Where could be a filter in the way?
Is it much data to sync? I don't check whole time the process - but it seems, the force sync is doing its job slowly (perhaps until reching about 50% in the process bar) but then the process bar disappears very fast.

?
Michael Huge
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Hi Michael,

We have just discovered a bug in the "force iphone -> Toodledo" sync behavior in combination with the "delete all tasks" option under account settings on this website. Basically, the tasks are correctly retained on the iPhone, but the iPhone isn't smart enough to re-add these tasks when you do the force sync. We'll get this fixed, but in the meantime, here is what you can do.

1) Purge tasks off the website using the "delete all tasks" command. (Make sure that your iPhone has everything on it.
2) On the iPhone, use the "Unlink Accounts" button, which is on the page where you type your email/password.
3) Re-add your email/pass and it will then go and push all the tasks from the iPhone down to the website automatically.

In the future, it isn't necessary to use the "delete all tasks" command under account settings for normal syncing. This command should be used only on very rare situations, like when you setup your account incorrectly, or when you want to close your account.
Michael.Huge

OK, that just worked fine, now I've got all my Todo's on the website.

During the sync, the iPhone should not get into power safe mode, Toodledo's iPhone App doesn't hold the iPhone active while syncing.

So my first attempt ended with only 2/3 synced Tasks - I needed to set off the power safe time for the sync.

Thanks for your workaround

Michael Huge
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.