ForumsQuestionsordering by due date, doesnt order sub-tasks when shown nested

ordering by due date, doesnt order sub-tasks when shown nested
Mark

Posted: Nov 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Ok, firstly thanks to Toodledo so so much for the nested view. I use sub-tasks heavily, and being able to view these permanently in nested view is a god-send.

But, I have one annoyance. I set due dates on the sub-tasks, not the parent task.
When I sort the web view by due-date, only the parent tasks due-date is counted. So, I have sub-tasks that are due today, but appear under 'no due date' heading as the parent task has no due date.

Anyone know a workaround to this, apart from not using sub-tasks?
Toodledo, any plans to chage sort feature?

Thanks
Linden

Hey Mark,

If ou're looking for tasks due today, try using the "Flattened" view. That will make everything flat, and bring the subtasks due today to the top of your list.

Hope this helps!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We also plan to allow people to set it so that the parent task gets the due-date/priority/etc of the most urgent subtask. This will be in a future update.
Mark

Posted: Nov 06, 2009
Cool, thanks Toodledo - any idea on timescales?

Thanks Linden, but just moved from flattened view to nested...been waiting that long. Problem is when I have lots of 'projects' and sub-tasks, I dont want to have to keep flicking between views.
Linden

Posted: Nov 06, 2009
No problem, Mark! I think I must have been very sleepy when responding, because I failed to note that you were specifically noting the issue for nested tasks. Somehow I thought you might have missed the other views available.

Your issue seems fair, and it sounds like ToodleDo is planning to get the feature you're looking for at some point. Unfortunately, they don't post anticipated timelines, so you're not likely to get any more info there.

Cheers!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.