ForumsQuestionsRepeating task : how to set to every 5th workday of the month

Repeating task : how to set to every 5th workday of the month
robmutsaars

Posted: Nov 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I'm working with repeating tasks.
I want to set a repeating task to show up every month on the 5th workday. I have not been able to figure out how to do that.

Anyone any suggestions ?
Anders

Posted: Nov 06, 2009
All the repeat options are described here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=2

I do not believe your scenario is a supported type (you could try advanced options, repeat every fifth weekday of each month, but I don't think the weekday and weekend terms work outside of format III, and that is format II).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 09, 2009
Sorry, but it isn't yet possible to do the fifth workday of each month. The best you could do is repeat on the 5th of each month, and then for months where a weekend interrupts the first 5 working days, you can just allow the task to go overdue over the weekends. When you come back to work on Monday, you will see the overdue task, and will know to do it.
robmutsaars

Posted: Nov 09, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Sorry, but it isn't yet possible to do the fifth workday of each month. The best you could do is repeat on the 5th of each month, and then for months where a weekend interrupts the first 5 working days, you can just allow the task to go overdue over the weekends. When you come back to work on Monday, you will see the overdue task, and will know to do it.

Thanks for the workaround...
Gummi

Posted: Nov 26, 2009
Thanks for the workaround. I have a montly task to pay my bills set for the 1st of each month.

It's not a big deal but it would be nicer to be able to specify the first workday of the month, so I wouldn't have to see the "Pay bills" task on Saturdays and Sundays when I can't execute the task.
Alan

Posted: Nov 27, 2009
Posted by gjk:
It's not a big deal but it would be nicer to be able to specify the first workday of the month, so I wouldn't have to see the "Pay bills" task on Saturdays and Sundays when I can't execute the task.

Don't forget that workdays have to also take into account holidays, and holidays vary from country to country. I can't quite see how Toodledo could account for this without major programming.

This message was edited Nov 27, 2009.
deknutson

Posted: Jan 25, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I have not run across options for the 5th workday of every month. However, Calendar systems will often include an option to add Holidays. Lotus Notes is a good example. You can add US, Canadian, Religious ( by Religion), and other variations, including more than one. For example, many will add US, Christian & Jewish Holidays. Other handy options includs auto blocking out weekends, with rules on whether task goes to Friday or Monday. In fairness, something like Lotus Notes, is much more involved and expensive. However, Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo & Gooogle Calendars also have this feature. I find it very handy, as work and personal schedules often overlap, but have not found on Toodledo. Could one add Holidays to Outlook, and then sync Outook with Toodledo? Have not yet tried.

This message was edited Jan 25, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.