ForumsQuestionsChrome dropdown box problem

Chrome dropdown box problem
stu1902

Posted: Nov 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I use Toodledo on Google Chrome (4.0.223.16) and cannot get the 'Folder' drop down box to work when trying to amend a task. All other drop down boxes that I show (date / repeat) are working fine.

Tried the same in IE and no problems.

I've looked in this forum but cannot find a solution to this.

This message was edited Nov 08, 2009.
Anders

A similar issue was reported here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/3673/0/add-task-select-boxes-broken-with-google-chrome-.html
Unfortunately no one seems able to reproduce. I would try clearing your browser cache.
stu1902

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have cleared the cache and restarted the browser. Sadly no change. I can move through the list of folders using up/down arrows and keyboard search, but still cannot bring up the folder list.

Are there any diagnostics I can provide to help gain a solution to this irritating problem ?

Cheers
Stuart
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 09, 2009
Chrome 4 is still beta software, so we don't provide official support for it. Since every other web browser can open the folder drop down boxes (including chrome 3 and earlier) I have to assume that this is a bug with chrome 4 that will hopefully get fixed.
stu1902

Makes sense. Thanks.
Alan

Posted by stu1902:
Are there any diagnostics I can provide to help gain a solution to this irritating problem?
Just to let you know that when using Chrome, I do not experience this bug.
Andrew

I am seeing this problem on Chrome 4.0.223.16 on Windows.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 10, 2009
I have researched this, and I can confirm that this is a bug with Chrome 4 beta, that they already know about. I spent about 30 minutes trying to find a workaround that I could do, but it is impossible. Google will have to fix the bug. The bug does not exist in the stable version of Chrome 3.

They already know about the bug: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=23499

This message was edited Nov 10, 2009.
robert

This is weird... I've been using Toodledo with Chrome for months and just this morning the dropdown issue appeared for me... (When trying to update a tasks's status from "None" to "Waiting", for example)

So is there a way to get rid of this last update?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you go back to Chrome 3, you won't have the problem anymore.
IceHeartX

Posted: Nov 11, 2009
crap. I thought it was just wierdness on my machine. Forgot entirely that I was using chrome 4
paul.cooper

Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Toodledoo has been fine on Chrome 4 for months (Chrome 4) and now I have this dropdown problem
Chrome 4.0.302.2
Tried removing all extensions and the cache clear but no success.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 26, 2010
This is a bug built into Chrome 4 beta that Google will have to fix. The link I posted above will allow you to track the bug in Google's bug tracker. There is nothing that we can do to work around the bug. We have tried.
paul.cooper

Posted: Jan 30, 2010
I've taken a look at the thread you've referred to, thanks.

I don't really understand the issue and why no other online app I use has a problem with dropdowns in Chrome (and I use a lot). Sorry to refer to RtM but it has some dropdown controls and they work. The dropdowns in the ToodleChrome extension all work.

One thing is clear is that the Chrome bug thread has been going for much longer than I've had the issue - I have had Toodledo work fine in Chrome 4 for months, only recently failing. So I'm unlcear why it's that bug that is causing the issue.

Bottom line - I want to use both Chrome and Toodledo like i used to.
Jon_R

I am on Chrome 4.0.249.78 and do not have any problems getting drop down boxes to work. This is the most current stable version.
paul.cooper

Hi Jon,

That's interesting - the bug was reported against an earlier version 4.0.219.4 and judging by the thread is still unresolved.

I'm on version 5 now with no improvement but I can try the stable version on another machine and I'll update this thread when I try it out.
paul.cooper

Update......

The stable version 4.0.249.78 works fine on my other machine. The problem seems to be in the dev versions of Chrome and not the stable ones, I only hope the problem doesn't get introduced into the stable builds!

Also a pity - version 5 allows for more extension buttons on the toolbar than earlier versions - guess I'll just have to wait for that!

Paul
Jake

Toodledo Founder
When we investigated this problem initially, we concluded that it would take a significant investment of time/resources to work around this bug. Since it only occurs in development builds of Chrome, and since Google plans to fix it, we decided not to waste our time.
paul.cooper

Posted: Jan 31, 2010
It would be helpful to have some info on your site to tell people to use the stable version and not the dev version.

People new to toodledo who have the dev version installed may be put off using your product - which would be a shame as it is IMHO the best task manager.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 31, 2010
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.