ForumsQuestionsSnycing with iCal local calendar

Snycing with iCal local calendar
brian_808

Posted: Jul 24, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a applescript or something that will sync a online subscribed calendar to one of my local calendars?

I just started using the ToDo app on my iphone and have it sync with Toodledo. Well i would like those task to appear on my iCal local calendar so it will sync to the regular calendar on my iPhone.

I just tried copying and pasting inside of iCal and it works. but looking for a automated way to do this. i'd hate to have to manually move these over.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, if you go to the "Connections" section of Toodledo, there is a section for iCal synchronization.

Hope that helps
seannon

Problem with the current solution is that is makes it read-only in iCal and most if not all show up as a appointment and not a task.

I think he is asking (and I know I wold like it to...is a way to sync the local calendars in iCal so you could not just view but also create, complete and edit to dos in iCal.

Thank You
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yeah, two way sync would be nice. Unfortunately, the iCal subscription format is one-way by design.

We would have to create an application that ran on your computer in the background and hacked into your iCal database and synced it with Toodledo. I'll add this to our to-do list, but we are web programmers and don't currently have the skills to do desktop programming. Maybe in the future we'll find a talented genius who can do this.

Thanks
jhmguedes

Posted: Aug 18, 2008
Google recently added a sync option with iCal that is two way. It does not install any app in my computer and I can add appointments in iCal and they will show up in Google Calendar - very nice!

Will you add something like that? Do you have a due date?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 18, 2008
Yes, Google and iCal are using a different technology to do this, and we are looking into it to see if it is something that we can do too.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.