ForumsQuestionsSharing task lists the way I need?

Sharing task lists the way I need?
SteveR

Posted: Nov 24, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Hi all, quick question here as to the best way for me to share task lists for 3 users (all pro subscribers with their own account).

I have 2 people who work for me and i would like to be able to see, add to, and transfer tasks from my toodledo task list to theirs. I have had a try and cannot seem to make it work with either each user having their own folder on their account, or sharing 3 folders on my own account with the other users. So I would like my All tasks folder to show everyones tasks (including mine) and be able to select folders to see an individual staffs tasks.

Could somebody advise the best approach for for me to set this up with toodledo? At least if I know the best approach I can focus on the right technique and get it right (I am probably being thick - it's a great product and very easy to use - but can't quite get what I need!)

Many thanks
Steve
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 24, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Currently on Toodledo, a task can only be owned by one person and it is only possible to look at one person's list at a time. We do plan to allow tasks to be truly shared, and to have merged lists in the future.

If the permissions are set correctly, you can assign and reassign task to your coworkers. You can also view and edit their current tasks.

More info is here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php
SteveR

Posted: Nov 25, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for that. So does that mean that my best approach it to have 3 folders on my account

Steve (me)
Sue
Tracy

and then give Sue and Tracy permission to share the folder of their own name - i.e. they do not have any task lists actually on their account?

Thanks
Steve
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 25, 2009
That would work.
Linden

Posted: Nov 26, 2009
Posted by SteveR:
So does that mean that my best approach it to have 3 folders on my account

Steve (me)
Sue
Tracy

and then give Sue and Tracy permission to share the folder of their own name - i.e. they do not have any task lists actually on their account?

Posted by Toodledo:
That would work.

Disclaimer: I use Toodledo alone and have no experience actually using the delegate function or shared folder options. But reading the above gave me an idea, which may or may not actually be possible.

If Sue and Tracy have read-only access to Steve's folders named after them, can they clone a task or project to add to their own folders? That way Steve could assign a task to Tracy, keeping it in his own task list as a reminder to check on it or re-delegate as needed, while Tracy would also get a copy to sort as appropriate in his/her own account.

Again, this may not be possible. If not, it may not be worth implementing, given that a new delegation interface is already on the development list. But if it works, it could be a nice workaround in the meantime!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.