ForumsQuestionsGant chart option

Gant chart option
rob.ashton

Posted: Nov 25, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Is there a way to display tasks/projects in a graphical, Gantt-chart format, so that you can get an overview of each project and its timeline?
Proximo

Posted: Nov 25, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
@rob.ashton,

You can't display Gantt-charts in Toodledo and I don't think you ever will.

Ghantt charts are for more complicated Projects. Toodledo and most Todo services focus on the everyday task and small Projects that we deal with.

If you require Ghantt style charts with timelines, overlapping actions, multiple responsibilities, departments, people, etc.

You are better off doing that Project is something like MS Project.
rob.ashton

Posted: Nov 26, 2009
Posted by Proximo:
@rob.ashton,

Ghantt charts are for more complicated Projects. Toodledo and most Todo services focus on the everyday task and small Projects that we deal with.

But what are more complicated projects made up of other than everyday tasks? That's how you achieve them; it makes no sense to separate these out. (If you do, they probably won't get done.) Rome may not have been built in a day, but *bits* of it were.

Perhaps Gantt chart is the wrong term though. All I mean is a way to display task start and end times graphically over a number of days.

Rob
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 28, 2009
It is currently not possible to do this with Toodledo graphically, but you can add start and end dates/times to tasks and view them textually.
Proximo

Posted: Nov 30, 2009
@rob.ashton

I see what you are asking for now. A visual way of looking at the start and due dates for your task.

I was thinking of Ghantt charts as they are used in Large projects with multiple teams, different lead times, overlapping man power, etc. This would be more complicated than the scope of GTD.

If you want just a visual way of looking at start and due dates, then it's up to Toodledo to determine if it's something they are wanting to do.

:-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.