ForumsQuestionsDue date - turn off filters

Due date - turn off filters
rdd

Posted: Nov 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have a problem with viewing all my due dates.

When I 'View By' 'Due-Date' and I select 'Any Due-Date' then there are 2 subtasks with a due date that do not show up. They are in my calander, but not in this view. There are other subtasks with a due-date that show up as the should.

Now, when I scroll to the parent task and open it, it says: "Some subtasks are hidden because of your filters. Turn off filters." When I click on this message, aparently filters are turned off. But I do not understand how this works.

Why is there a filter? As far as i know I did not apply any.

When I open the filters and click on 'Show Future Tasks' my 2 subtasks appear. But I don't understand why other task that are in the future (e.g. mid December) do appear normally, while only these 2 don't.

I am a little confused...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 30, 2009
This help topic will explain how filters work: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=65
rdd

Posted: Dec 01, 2009
I have found the problem. The 2 tasks that were hidden appeared to have a 'Start Date' more than 1 day in the future. I did not notice this, because in my account settings I disabled the use of 'Start Dates'. However, this information is apparently still kept and used, even when you disable it in the account settings.

Cited from help:

Future Tasks
This filter will hide or reveal tasks that match any of these criteria. 1) Have a start date that is more than 1 day in the future. 2) Have a due-date that is more than X months into the future, where X is a number that you can set in your account settings. 3) Have a due-date that is more than 1 week in the future and have a due-date modifier.
rdd

I still experience a problem with due-dates.

I have a search with criteria:
Checked Off - is - no
Due Date - is not - no date

This search does not find my tasks that are due today and tomorrow. Also when I change the search into:

Checked Off - is - no
Due Date - is after - 2009-01-01

the same tasks that are due today and tomorrow are not found.

Any thoughts?
rdd

Ok, I have been playing a little more and it turns out that when I click Subtasks flattened, all my tasks with a due-date show up.

I have to say that I find this behaviour of the subtasks (flattend/hidden/indented) not very user-friendly. I still have to get used to it. So I hope this will be improved some day...

Other than that, great system. Keep up the good work!
cjuzda

I agree completely on the sub task issue. They're great to have but having them behave differently with respect to filters ,etc. when they are flattened or indented, etc. is very poor and counter intuitive. I'm constantly having to switch them from flattened to indented. also, I don't see why you can't indent or hide sub tasks for each parent independently. So many other apps allow that. I realize subtasks are pretty new to Toodledo but they need work

Chris
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 02, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.