ForumsQuestionsToodledo Wishlist

Toodledo Wishlist
cashreg

Posted: Dec 02, 2009
Score: 3 Reference
I haven't been able to find a posting of any kind of Toodledo wishlist. So, I figured I'd post some things here.

SORTING:
Is it possible to have a sort associated with the tab that you set the sort up on?

For example, every time I go to the Hotlist tab, I'd like it to sort by importance then date due. But when I click on the Recently Modified tab, I'd like it to sort by Date Modified.

I've tried doing this, but it seems every time I change the sort, it changes it for all tabs, not just the one I was on.

It would be great if it only changed it for the one I was on.
cashreg

Score: 0 Reference
COLUMNS IN TASKLIST:

It would be very helpful if we could select the order in which columns are displayed on the screen in toodledo. I see that we can select which columns are displayed, but not the order.

Having them in the order that is most comfortable to the user would definitely accelerate data entry
cashreg

Score: 3 Reference
ALLOW ORDERING TABS IN VIEWS

In the views, it appears that the tabs are only in alphabetical order or in the case of folders, the order that they are in the folders list.

It would be helpful if we could select the order of the tabs in each view.

For folders for example, from a selection standpoint in the dropdown, alphabetical is preferred, but on tabs, I'd like to order them based on the ones I use most.

And for tags, it appears that it shows the ones that have the most items for the tag, but I'd like to order them alphabetically.
cashreg

RSS feeds:

In the forums, be able to have an RSS feed of a particular category and also of a particular topic. That would make it very easy to keep up on ideas shared by all users.

Right now, it appears that the RSS feed is only for items from the News section.
elto1

Posted: Dec 03, 2009
different alarm times for all users! they have bought the app!
lucac81

EASIER SUBTASKS
Correct me if i'm wrong, but by now to add a sub task you have to create a new task and then drop it under the task you want it to become parent.
shouldn't be easier a button that says add a subtask?
rdd

Hi cashreg,

Just FYI: your first point about associating the sorting, I have posted it here:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/3499/0/save-combination-of-search-and-sort.html
cashreg

luca81,

To add a subtask, you can just hover over the checkbox for 1 sec and a menu will appear that has "add subtask" on it.
Claudio

Posted by cashreg:
It would be very helpful if we could select the order in which columns are displayed on the screen in toodledo.
You can change the order of the columns. See here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=columns

Posted by lucac81:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but by now to add a sub task you have to create a new task and then drop it under the task you want it to become parent.
You can also add a subtask by hovering your mouse over the hand icon until the popup menu appears.

Not especially intuitive, but better than the "create and drag" method.
cashreg

Posted by Claudio:
You can change the order of the columns. See here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=columns

Thx Claudio, I hadn't seen that. Unfortunately it doesn't translate into the multi-line mode where I live.
cashreg

HAVE COLUMNS BE IN SAME ORDER IN GRID AND MULTI-COLUMN MODE

When you change the column order in grid mode, it should also change it in multi-column mode.
cashreg

SAVING SORTS AND USING DROPDOWN TO EASILY SELECT THEM

It would be beneficial to be able to save sorts kind of like you can save searches. You set up the sort, and then have a save sort button which allows you to name it. Then it shows up in a dropdown in the sort bar so that you van easily select it and sort things in ways that you commonly do. This could be carried accross all views and tabs where the sort bar exists.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions.
stephan

CONTEXTS

It would be nice if it would be possible to assign a task to different context.

For example I've got a context "telephone", but even though I got a telephone at work, I can't do all my telephone-tasks there (some are possible to do). So I need to create two contexts "telephone-home" and "telephone-work". Better would be to assign a task to "telephone" plus "home" or "work".

An other example are time-contexts. Maybe I've got a context "monday to friday" for tasks related to do on working-days. Maybe I need to call a service-line on a working-day. So I would need a context "telephone monday to friday".

Combinated with the first example I would need even more contexts:
- telephone-home monday to friday
- telephone-home weekend
- telephone-work monday to friday
- telephone-work weekend

All this would be unnecessary if tasks could be assigned to multiple contexts...

Thank you for thinking about it.
stephan

NOTIFICATION

It would be nice to enable a notification for the start-date of a tasks.

Maybe a task is due for friday, but I need to start working on it on tuesday, because I need more than one day to accomplish it. So I would rather like to be notificated about the start-date than to the due-day...

Thank you for considering.
stephan

CALENDAR

If a task has a start-date and a due-date on different days, it would be good to see the task all of the days on the calendar.

Thanks again.
cashreg

Posted: Dec 15, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
ALLOW USER TO SPECIFY FIELDS AS REQUIRED.

On the screen where we can select the fields to display for a task, have a checkbox so that we can make them a required field. And when entering, have the system enforce the required fields.

I'm always forgetting to enter one thing or another.
Jay

I really like the iphone app called 2Do, it is clear and has everything I want accessable really quickly. Can Toodledo Iphone app have something similar?
manuelhe

BIGGER ADD BUTTONS

I've had this account for a couple of months and Ive been studying GTD for about six months now. Only just this month have I really started to use Toodledo heavily and I must say its awesome!

This being a wishlist however Id really like to have a bigger well placed button to add new tasks, notes, contexts ect. Adding new things really is the crux of the program isnt it? Lets give it a little UMPH.

You know who does the add button well is photobucket. When you add artwork to your portfoilio the button is center left and it is big.
Andy.Inkster

STAND ALONE APP FOR DESKTOP

I'm using the iPhone app on my iPod touch, and I love it so far. I am using Outlook for offline use at home, but I love how TD has more options and fields, so it would be nice to be able to input tasks offline.

MULTIPLE CONTEXTS and/or FOLDERS
I second the above suggestion.

I am using folders as Outlook categories, and folders as analogous (somewhat) to Franklin-Covey Roles. If I could have one task in multiple contexts or folders, TD wouldn't need both folders and roles (since it seems like they are somewhat interchangeable)

ENHANCED REMINDERS
I like the suggestion to add reminders to the start time, but what about allowing me to set a start reminder time, a due reminder time, and maybe just a field to say "REMIND ME ON THIS DAY AT THIS TIME"

BETTER USE OF TAGS
Maybe it's just me, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with the tags. Also, I would like autocomplete tags. If I start tagging, suggest me something, similar to how contexts already works with a drop-down.

MORE CONSISTENCY IN OPTIONS
I feel like sometimes it's a text box, sometimes it's a drop down, I can type a new tag, but I can't add a new context from the "add task" area. It's more difficult to add a new context or folder.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.