Frisco Websites

Posted: Oct 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Another vote -
Alan

Posted: Oct 02, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
This is what we are calling "Task Dependency" and it is on our to-do list.
Oooooo. I quiver in anticipation.
Craig.RT

Posted: Oct 20, 2010
Posted by aggiejason:
I know that it is not policy to share roadmaps/futures, but I also know that I've seen posts from as long as 2 years ago that mention that task dependency is on your to-do list. Could you at least maybe share if it's on your current @work context or if it's just one of those "someday/maybe" kind of things? :)

I would also like to know this. It seems to have been on your list for a while now.
Martin M

Posted: Oct 22, 2010
+1 from me!
Fred_1341415216

Posted: Jan 26, 2011
+1
arthurwallace007

Posted: Jan 30, 2011
+1
thanks!
Mick

Posted: May 23, 2011
+1

Can you give us an idea how this feature request is prioritized?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 24, 2011
Sorry, we dont comment on roadmaps or prioritization because it changes often.
DSM_2

Posted: May 24, 2011
So what's the status of "task dependency"?
Saurnil

Posted: May 26, 2011
+1
jonathan.creech

Posted: Sep 12, 2011
+1
Folke X

Posted: Sep 12, 2011
Not that I want to argue with you all - I'd rather not, and if this is what you would like to have, then that is perfectly fine with me. But just in case you haven't thought about it, you can think of task dependencies as stages of progression rather than as strict dependencies.

For example, you could use the Status field for this, which is what I do: The things you need to do now are "Next Actions". The ones that are doable and will follow are "Active", and so on.

This manual promotion has some advantages having to do with the fact that it is often possible, from the individual project's point of view, to do several things in parallel, but you may not have the time, from an overall point of view, to put more than a certain amount of time into each project. By manually reviewing and promoting taks, and occasionally demoting some, you can balance your efforts between your different projects depending on your overall workload.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2011.
stephen_1313405367

Posted: Oct 28, 2011
+1 for me to. I am trying to advise our organisation (35 staff) and our or will pay for each staff member but this is the deal breaker for us. Some kind of idea would be helpful cause the Mac fanboys in the organisation are pushing for Omnifocus... Ballpark ETA?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.