ForumsQuestions"repeated" tasks are not visible beyond their first due date

"repeated" tasks are not visible beyond their first due date
tamarahorton

Posted: Jul 29, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I am not sure if I am having a problem with the repeat function or the filters. I have a set of tasks that are supposed to repeat weekly, and it wasn't working right, so I re-entered them, and tried to look ahead to see if they are going to repeat this time around. As I look ahead, using calendar view, or clicking on the "next week" list view, I don't see these tasks again. They only show up for their first instance. I changed the filter to show all future tasks. These tasks are of high priority. Kind thanks for any advice! I chose Toodledo over other similar to-dos because of its ability to have repeats of many types.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 29, 2008
The way repeating works with Toodledo is that the next occurrence of the task is not created until you complete the current occurrence. In other words, when you complete a repeating task, Toodledo reschedules it for you at that point in time.
tamarahorton

Posted: Jul 30, 2008
Thanks--I get it now!
marcil

Posted: Aug 30, 2008
I had the same problem as the first user and have now found out the answer as to why. However, I would like to have the visibilty to see my repeating tasks in the future. For instance, I have a repeting job every Mon, Tues & Wed. When I am scheduling things in the future, I would like to know a month out that I am booked on Mon, Tues & Wed. Is this something that could get reprogrammed or should I just find my own work-around?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 30, 2008
Its probably best if you find a work around, because it is unlikely that we will change it so that all future occurrences of a repeating task appear on your to-do list. We made it so that tasks only get rescheduled when you complete them. This was a design choice we had to make at the beginning.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.