ForumsQuestionsNewbie question: sub-tasks?

Newbie question: sub-tasks?
jml789uk

Posted: Dec 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I am a newbie to TD. I find the free version has lots of bells and whistles, which I am exploring, but probably don't need most of them. But still I am considering upgrading and have a question for those already using the Pro version.

How useful do you find the sub-task feature? Is it more trouble than it's worth? In other words, did any of you decide to sop using it ??

Any comments on pros and cons in general?

Apologies if this has been asked a zillion times before - any repllies would be much appreciated!

jml
Proximo

Without sub-task, I don't see how I would manage any of my Projects that have multiple steps. I switched to Pro Plus and I would not consider running Toodledo any other way.

Security is a big issue for me which you get with Pro
Sub-task is a must which you get with Pro
File Attachments are fantastic which you get with Pro Plus
jml789uk

Thanks for the reply, Proximo.

I can see the usefulness of sub-tasks for projects. Listing next actions only can be a bit frustrating - sometimes I really need to see further ahead! At the moment, I add further steps as notes to the next action, but then I have to copy them again and there is a risk they'll get deleted, so I am looking for a better way.

I just don't want to over-complicate things.

jml
Linden

Posted: Dec 12, 2009
I can't imagine using Toodledo without the subtasks. I use parent tasks to track a multi-step project and then use subtasks to track the steps required to complete it.

There are several ways that you can mark steps that aren't needed yet so they don't clutter your working view (everyone seems to have their own approach), and any time you want to review the whole project, you can simply expand the parent task.

There's also now manual ordering of subtasks, so if some of your steps need to be completed in a specific order you can indicate that order in how they're listed. There's no way to emulate this in the non-pro account.

For $15/year, I've never looked back!
jml789uk

Posted: Dec 14, 2009
I've decided to take a 30 day trial and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice!

jml
Linden

Posted: Dec 14, 2009
You're welcome, jml. I hope you find it as helpful as I did!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.