ForumsQuestionsGoogle checkout not working?

Google checkout not working?
Joe

Posted: Dec 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Greetings. I'm trying to upgrade to a pro account using Google Checkout and it's not working. I get as far as actually making the purchase and the next screen is a generic Google error. Would use Paypal, but I want the $2 I get using Google Checkout with coupon code "twitter09". I've submitted a support ticket, but haven't heard anything yet. Any ideas? Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 13, 2009
If you get a generic Google error, then Google must be having some trouble. I have seen purchases go through since your post, so it might be working now. Please give it another try.
Transisto

Posted: Dec 14, 2009
Same here, tested everything on 4 diferent OS / Browser , at 1 week interval.

I would contact google ASAP if I were you.

You'r certainly loosing sales. Not everyone will remember to try again later.
Joe

I have tried several times over the period of about a week, and am able to make purchases from other vendors with Google Checkout so I think it's something specific to Toodledo. Maybe I'll just go ahead and use PayPal but wanted to save the $2. That's almost enough for a cup of coffee! :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We'll check on it. Some Google Checkout purchases are definitely going through, so it must only be certain people.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If someone can please post the error message that you get, that would be helpful. Better yet, take a screenshot and attach it to a support ticket.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/contact.php
Joe

Attached it to the ticket, too... but here it is! Thanks.

Purchase History > Error
Help

Oops!
An error occurred while processing your request.

To fix this issue:
Try our quick troubleshooting tips -- users report these resolve most issues.

Back to My Account
amirali1982

Posted: Dec 15, 2009
I am trying to subscribe for Pro Subscription from Pakistan. Paypal is not supported here, and google checkout is giving server error. I think google checkout is also not supported here. Is there any alternative payment mode.

Please implement or suggest an alternative method of payment, so that I can pay through my visa credit card.

Thanks
Transisto

Posted: Dec 16, 2009
IT DOES WORK ! ,,, but only without the twitter rebate.

It MUST be Google fault because the coupon code is successful in modifying the amount to be paid.

Needless to say that after trying to fix this for hours and days, I'd like to have my rebate applied...

PS : Hey google , " Oops! " is the most clueless error message ever.

This message was edited Dec 16, 2009.
TheGriff_2

Posted: Dec 16, 2009
Rebate? What rebate?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 17, 2009
We have seen a number of purchases go through successfully with the coupon applied, so Im not convinced that this is the issue.

We see no errors on our end, and some purchases are going through, so something is going wrong on Google's end. We have sent an email to Google asking for information about what is causing the problem.
Linden

Posted: Dec 17, 2009
@TheGriff: I'm not sure, but it sounds to me like Toodledo did some promotional work through Twitter, offering a rebate to folks that use their coupon code on Google Checkout.
Lori

Posted: Dec 18, 2009
Hi - I am trying to upgrade via Google heckout and the twitter coupon as well ("twitter09") and the same thing is happening to me. I am using Mozilla Firefox and I tried it both on my home computer and my work computer.

When I click on the "Place your order now - $12.95" button I get the error message. I can email a screen print if you tell me where to send it to, but it's the same as Joe wrote above.

I will wait to purchase until this is fixed.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 21, 2009
The coupon code is working for some people. We have not yet heard back from Google about why it isn't working for other people. If you were unable to apply the coupon code, please create a support ticket with the code in the ticket and we'll credit your account with a free month.
Lori

Hi,
Thanks for the response and free month offer. Can you please tell me how to create a support ticket?
Thanks,
Lori
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.