ForumsQuestionsNotes only sync from device to web and note vice versa

Notes only sync from device to web and note vice versa
ScottM

Posted: Dec 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
When I sync toodledo tasks with my ipod touch, the notes only seem to sync one way: from my ipod to the web interface. When I edit a note field that is within a task online, it doesn't sync with the note field within the same task on my ipod...instead, it always defers to the note field that is the ipod. If I change a note field on my ipod, it does change correctly on the web interface. Am I missing something here? It seems that all changes should be able to sync both ways. How can I set up to edit note fields both online and/or on my ipod and have them update on the other location automatically? Thanks!

This message was edited Dec 19, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 22, 2009
I just tested this and it was working for me. Are you syncing your iPhone after editing a note on the website?
doncasto

Posted: Dec 22, 2009
I'm having exactly the same issue. Online notes and note additions erase themselves when I sync. What's happening?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 23, 2009
Are you using any third-party software to sync with Toodledo?
ryan.brideau

Posted: Jan 07, 2010
I am also having this issue, and am using an iPod Touch, not the iPhone. I even tried force-syncing from the synchronization menu to no avail. Also, I am not using any other third-party software, just toodledo.com and the associated iPod application.
A.J.

Posted: Jan 08, 2010
Similar issue, but seems to be fine now:

Syncing from web to iPhone:
Tasks I have already deleted/completed still appeared on my iPhone this morning, right after syncing.

iPhone to Toodledoo sync:
Tested it just now by adding a task, syncing to the web and checking whether or not the new task appears on the site: works fine.

My conclusion:
When I add/delete things now, it syncs okay both ways, but there seemed to be a little glitch in the syncing before that.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 11, 2010
These both sound like individualized problems. Please create a support ticket so I can provide individual assistance.
bosljeff

Posted: May 20, 2010
Bringing it back from the dead before I create an individual support ticket.

When I edit a task's note on the site, it IS showing up on the phone.

When I edit a task's note on the phone it IS NOT showing up on the site.

This is after several restarts and even after sitting overnight.

Ideas.

This message was edited May 20, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 23, 2010
I wasn't able to reproduce this. Are you syncing the iPhone after making the change on the iPhone?

Are you using our app or a third-party app?

This message was edited May 23, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.