ForumsQuestionsWorkgroups Sharing Tasks in a Shared Folder

Workgroups Sharing Tasks in a Shared Folder
milapesko

Posted: Aug 01, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
We have a small workgroup of people and we all each have a different ToodleDo account. We want to have a Folder/List as a Tab that contains tasks that everyone in the group can see/edit add/delete. Without having to click on each collaborator. Tasks will be visible to everyone in said group regardless of who assigned it or to whom it was assigned. Is this possible in ToodleDo?
joshr

I came here to ask the exact same question. Seems like Toodledo is very powerful, but very single-user-centric. Works for "my" stuff but not "our" stuff.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like I can assign stuff to others, or put them in a shared folder, but neither of these accomplishes the very simple goal we have in mind, that is, have a shared to-do list that anyone in a group of people can read, edit, delete and add to.

I'd like to maintain my own personal list, but also have a "white board" that is shared with a group of others, so we call can monitor the status and work together to tackle that list.

Surely this is possible in such an advanced app? Especially if we all pay for "pro" accounts?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Currently, every task in Toodledo must have an owner. There is no way to have a shared list that everyone can see and manage. This is something that we hope to add in the future.
joshr

Athough that's disappointing, thanks for the answer. Toodledo came so close to fulfilling our workgroup's needs. We were thinking the Pro version's ability to "share" stuff would bridge the final gap. We're okay with the item's creator being the owner... we just meed a way to easily consolidate these items without having to switch to separate "collaborators" views.

I suppose we'll keep an eye on your updates, but for now will look into using a different service.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

This message was edited Aug 01, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Have you considering making a shared Toodledo account and giving everyone the password, so everyone can sign in and manage the same account? This might work for you.
JHenning

Posted: Aug 03, 2008
I'm in. We also need this feature.
Jennifer

Posted: Aug 10, 2008
Just purchased a pro account for my wife and self to use with ToDo application on the iPhone. I'm very sad that her and I can not use as "Collaborator" via the iPhone ToDo or even the iPhone Toodledo web site. We can of course access the full site and go to Collaborator, but what fun is that. A folder shared over accounts would be the perfect solution and should not be to hard to implement. Please count my vote for this feature.
Craig

Please count my vote. The ability to share a folder/folders accross accounts is badly needed.

Thanks,
Craig
jrorci

Ditto. Girlfriend and I signed up for Toodledoo and hoped to upgrade and use a shared feature. Did the pro trial and realized we couldn't. Sadly, we ended up having to switch to rememberthemilk... Which is a bummer since I really prefer the simplicity of the Toodledoo interface.
WirelessRage

Posted: Aug 11, 2008
Yep me too.
steph

Posted: Aug 14, 2008
We would love this feature as well (for use in a small company.) It's the main thing we feel is missing right now.
jesse

Posted: Sep 11, 2008
Could not agree more. Please make this available!
bradymcclellan

Posted: Sep 14, 2008
Does anybody know if this has been implemented yet? I'm on a rotating schedule with 2 other people and we essentially have the same task list. All 3 people need to be able to access and edit the same task list via iPhone.

Also, another syncing option would be useful. One that allows a user to have a task automatically sync when he is finished editing that task. Always having to remember to manually sync is clunky. In the opposite direction, it would be AWESOME if a task was updated by the other users(online or iPhone), if it would be pushed over to your task list and update/sync your task list. That way I don't have to constantly hit the refresh button to see the updated task list
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 14, 2008
Unfortunately, we have not had time to implement this yet, but it is on our top priority list ( http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/138/0/top-feature-requests.html )

One thing you could do is have 1 account that all three of you have access to. This would allow all of you to manage the same list.

As for your syncing question, if you are referring to the Todo application on the iPhone, you can get technical support for that on the developers website here: http://www.appigo.com
jayadas

Posted: May 18, 2009
If you create 1 account that three people have access to, could all three people sync their phones to the toodledo account to check the to do list?
Could all three people sync their outlook tasks to the toodledo to do list?
Anders

Posted by jayadas:
If you create 1 account that three people have access to, could all three people sync their phones to the toodledo account to check the to do list?
Could all three people sync their outlook tasks to the toodledo to do list?

I'm almost positive there should be no problem syncing a single Toodledo account to several iPhones. I have heard others say they do that, and I sync my account with several different apps (all on the same iPod, but different apps). I am less certain about the Outlook tool, but you could check their site for information: Chromatic Dragon Site
Or post in the Third Party Applications forum with the Outlook question where the developer is more likely to see it.

This message was edited May 18, 2009.
kleerkoat

I agree with the point that this is a major issue that should be top on the list, at from my point of view.

See my thread:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1886/0/keep-folders-when-assigningreassigning-please.html
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 19, 2009
Yes, you can sync one Toodledo.com account to multiple iPhones. For Outlook, you would need to ask the developer. Since we didn't make the Outlook Sync application, I shouldn't comment on it's capabilities.
Frisco Websites

Posted: May 21, 2009
I saw that we can share the password etc in order to allow two different people to each see and edit the entire task list as needed.

Obviously there is the potential issue of two people changing the same record.

Are there any other issues? Both people can be logged in at the same time?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 21, 2009
If both people are signed in at the same time and changing the same record, the last edit will overwrite the previous one, so that might be an issue. Thats the only thing I can think of.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.