ForumsQuestionsMore 'obvious' Running Timer

More 'obvious' Running Timer
deleteduser

Posted: Aug 02, 2008
Score: 2 Reference
Timer is an excellent feature -- it encourages me to focus on one thing at a time and over time it helps me estimate my efforts better. (So I realise that those 15-min tasks actually always take 2 hours to complete!)

Is there a way to make the running timer stand out more? e.g.
- move to the top of every screen (or just show a copy there)
- big font, coloured background
- pop-up timer box and task details, either embedded in page or as separate window.

Since if the timer is running, you'd be concentrating on DOING the task instead of ORGANIZING other tasks. So making it big and obvious help you focus on the task and resist the temptation to temper with other tasks.

Also, as someone suggested previously, a timer on slim version would be extremely useful too.

This message was edited Aug 02, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 03, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
Qrystal

Posted: Aug 04, 2008
Yes, this would be really awesome, and I was just coming here to suggest something similar. My problem is, I often forget to stop the timer, only to find out days or weeks later that hundreds of hours have been accumulating!

For work-related tasks though, I tend to use another timer altogether: http://Paymo.biz

It has a web-based and a desktop app, and great tracking of time spent doing various things. It definitely keeps me focused on the task at hand!! :) At the end of a lengthy task, I go to the Paymo.biz website to find out how many hours I should enter into the Length field in Toodledo.
deleteduser

Posted: Aug 05, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
Add to bug/feature list :)
* Timer should stop when the task is checked as 'complete'
* Option: allow multiple running timers. Or auto-off previous timer when new one starts.
kleerkoat

Posted: Aug 06, 2008
yeah, i stopped using it because it was out of the way and I kept forgetting to stop it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 06, 2008
Good idea
deleteduser

Posted: Aug 07, 2008
This list is getting long :p

* Some tasks don't have length property. It's quite useful to know how many tasks are not taken into account when displaying the 'Total Estimate Length' figure. So you know roughly how accurate the figure is.

e.g.
Total Estimated Lengths (50 tasks): 128.8 hours (+ 30 No-length tasks)

Just a nice-to-have.

/yt/
Erik C Bugge

Posted: Nov 11, 2008
I poste d a suggestion for integration of the timer and Paymo.biz (as one example).

This message was edited Nov 11, 2008.
Murphybp2

Posted: Dec 05, 2008
Did the fix below ever get implemented?

* Timer should stop when the task is checked as 'complete'

If not, does anyone know the ETA?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 05, 2008
Yes, the timer will stop when you complete a task and then reload the page.
robert.allard

Posted: Dec 30, 2008
Are you planning to provide the Timer feature on the iPhone app ? That would be great!!!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 30, 2008
Yes, we do plan to have the timer on the iPhone in a future update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.