ForumsQuestionsContext and folder by URL?

Context and folder by URL?
contactjulia

Posted: Aug 05, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to go direct to a particular folder or context by using a parameter in the URL? Or does anyone know of a gadget to display a simple list of tasks (similar to what we get in the iGoogle gadget) but for specific contexts, preferably multiple?

When I'm at my desk working from home, I can do tasks from my Phone, Home, Computer and Work contexts, so it would be nice to be able to see just those tasks in one place. Even better would be if I could use a URL on my mobile phone to see (for example) my @shopping, @with-car tasks, or some other combination.

I thought I saw something about URL parameters written up somewhere but I can't seem to find it now - maybe it was one of the other dozen tools I tried before settling on ToodleDo, or maybe I just imagined it.

If you know of anything please let me know!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 05, 2008
Piece of cake. First, go to the appropriate view and locate the tab that you want to bookmark. Now right click on the tab and select "Open link in new Window" from the contextual menu. A new window will open with this tab selected. Just bookmark this page and you are all set.
Qrystal

Posted: Aug 07, 2008
OH! So, to customize, we just make saved searches, and bookmark the URLs for those saved search tabs?!?

A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
contactjulia

Posted: Aug 07, 2008
Of course! Thanks, you are a star.

Now if anyone knows how to do the same thing in WAP (or anything else that works from my mobile phone browser) then I'll be close to GTD Nirvana :o)

This message was edited Aug 07, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.