ForumsQuestionsAuto-delete of notes

Auto-delete of notes
mariefrog3

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi!

I would like to know if notes will auto-delete after 6 months (or other) like todos? Are they kept forever or do I need an upgraded account?

Thanks
Linden

Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Todos are only auto-deleted after they have been checked off. An item that is still unchecked can stay there indefinitely. As such, I would imagine that a note would stay on the server until you delete it.

That's just a guess, though. You might still want an official response from Toodledo, or an answer from a non-pro user who has experience with it.

EDIT: My answer assumed you're referring to notes in the Notebook part of the site. If you have a checked-off todo that has a note attached, that note would be deleted whenever the todo got deleted.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2010.
ibedi1

I am curious about this too. I just started using this system. I picked it because it will show me my success/failure rate of accomplishing tasks in a chart. Yet I set up daily tasks to start yesterday that I didn't really plan to start until today. They show as "overdue" and do not show up on today's to-do list.

I don't want to mark them off as done because that would not be accurate. Is there a way to mark them as incomplete so the same task will show up on today's list?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Notebook entries are never deleted. Tasks and their associated notes are deleted once they are completed AND they have gotten sufficiently old (based on your account settings). If you want to keep a task's note around, you can either copy it to a notebook, or change the status or priority to make it hidden by your filters.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.