ForumsQuestionsWOW your losing ALOT of customers (fix the user interface)

WOW your losing ALOT of customers (fix the user interface)
Osaga

Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I too agree about the UI, but as long as it does not slow things down and mess with the ability for quick access to functionality.
Transisto

Posted: May 20, 2010
Score: -5 Reference
bump
Salgud

Posted: Aug 02, 2010
Score: 3 Reference
Just ran across this rather old thread and feel like adding my 2 cents. I'm one of those people who can't see my nose in front of my face sometimes. I've complained in many websites and forums about how difficult it is to get started with an app because I can't find the obvious-to-others button. I'm pretty ADD or ADHD, so that might be part of it.

That being said, the first time I came to the TD website, it took me a few seconds to find the "Add a Task" button. I was up and running and entering tasks and putting them in folders and tagging and using all the features of the free version in minutes. Admittedly, I have a lot of experience with electronic task managers on all sorts of devices in all kinds of interfaces. Still, TD's is one of the easiest to figure out that I've seen, especially considering the verstatility and power of the app.

I agree that the "Add a Task" button could be more prominent. I certainly agree that the interface could be prettier, proabably more functionally designed. And I agree a brief into video would be useful to many noobs, no question.

But this is NOT a difficult interface to get started in for most users. I think the OP was maybe having a bad day, came here, probably not focusing too well, couldn't find the "Add a Task" button in the upper right corner, and lost it. Have done the same thing myself at times. It's frustrating when you can't find what you know should be obvious, and you can't see it. But for me, it's usually my brain that's out of focus, not the app's interface. If we saw this same complaint repeatedly, it would be wise for TD to make appropriate changes. But that just isn't the case.

This message was edited Aug 02, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.