ForumsQuestionsDue dates in custom searches

Due dates in custom searches
Yannis

Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have a recurrent, daily task with an "optionally on" due date. I also have a saved custom search, which includes the following criterion:

"Due date is in the next 0 days"

my intention being to only view those tasks whose due date is today.

Now, if I complete the said task, being daily, it is automatically cloned for the following day. For some reason, however, that new task (with a due date of "optionally tomorrow") still appears in my custom search.

Why is this happening? How can I ensure that only those tasks with a due date of "today" will be displayed?

Thank you.
Linden

I believe "Due date is in the next 0 days" includes 24 hours. Try "Due date is TODAY" and that should work better.

Cheers!
Yannis

But of course! I should retake math 101. Thank you so much.
Linden

You're welcome. The only reason I knew this was because I'd done the same thing at one point. :)
Yannis

Posted: Jan 20, 2010
Linden, I just realized that this workaround requires me to manually change the due date to the current date every day. There is no "dynamic" "TODAY" option, unfortunately.

Not a great hassle, but perhaps a possible area for improvement.
Linden

Strange. "Today" and "Tomorrow" seem to work dynamically for the "due date" field in searches.

I double-checked my "Done Today" search, and it seems I have it set to:
----------------
Checked Off = Yes
AND
Date Completed is in the last 0 days
----------------

Oddly enough, choosing "Due date in the next 0 days" returns things due today AND tomorrow, but "Date completed is in the last 0 days" only returns things completed today. :)
Linden

Ah, wait! Did you CLICK "today" in the righthand side of the calendar, or did you type the word "today" into the box?

I haven't tested my "Done Today" filter with this, but I checked my "Attn: Today" search and it has "today" typed into the "Due date is" box. I had struggled with this in the past, and I'm wondering if clicking "today" hard-codes it while typing the word out keeps it flexible.

Might be worth experimenting.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.