ForumsQuestionsAn issue with sharing tasks

An issue with sharing tasks
Dave

Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
For Christmas I got myself and wife both pro accounts. Our goal was to have a folder called "Family" and we would drop family tasks like errands in there. That way we could both add to the folder so we were on the same page of what needed to be done at the house.

I know I must be doing something wrong but I can't get our tasks to show up in each others account. I followed the directions with the key and adding the collaborator to each of our accounts with level 3 access but still no luck.

Any tips on what I could be missing? The tasks just aren't showing up in each others account.
Claudio

Toodledo collaboration does not allow you to "share" tasks. You can view and (if you allow it) edit each other tasks, but each task resides in only one place: either in your account or in your wife's.

Also, although you can assign one of your tasks to your wife, you cannot put it in one of your wife's specific folders. And, any task that you assign is no longer in your task list.

When you select Sharing in the top menu, do you have see three choices:
From Anyone, From (your wife's name), From Myself?
Dave

You serious? That was the reason I bought the 2 pro accounts. I am very surprised that I can't do something that seems so simple. I was hoping that Toodledo would be the solution to my task needs (I like it just for my tasks, but I don't need a pro account for that) but it is very upsetting to know that I simply can't share tasks in a simple format. Too bad I bought my wife a toodle acct and pocket informant mainly for this feature. Hopefully it will be implemented soon.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 20, 2010
As Claudio mentioned, currently a task must have a single owner. It can be in your list, or your wife's list, and you can view each other's lists.

We are planning to improve our collaboration tools so that a task can be owned by more than one person.
Dave

Posted: Jan 20, 2010
So there is no way to be sharing the same task folder so that when I sync the "family" folder all of her family tasks and mine get synced to my Pocket Informant? Is the only way for her tasks to get synced with PI is that she assigns them to me?

From what I understand, even if you have level 3 sharing, I would have to go and click on "collaborators" and then click on her name in order to see any of her tasks in that folder? Sorry if this is redundant, just want to make sure I understand.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 22, 2010
Correct. It is not currently possible to have a task appear on multiple people's lists. A task must have a single owner. You can assign a task to someone else, and you can view someone else's list, but a task can only live in once place. This is definitely something that we plan to change in a future update.
Dave

Posted: Jan 23, 2010
Cool, thanks for your reply. That will be a big help mainly when syncing Toodledo with 3rd party apps. Really enjoying Toodledo more and more each day. It is the best GTD web app I have found! If you ever decided to make a Windows desktop app I would get it in a heartbeat.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.