ForumsQuestionsRe-order Subtasks

Re-order Subtasks
e2badg

Posted: Aug 08, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
I want to know if there is a way to re-organize sub tasks within its parent task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Subtasks are sorted in the same way that your tasks are sorted, so you can re-order them by selecting something from the "sort" menu.

Hope that helps.
e2badg

Thanks for the quick response...I have two sub-task, I want to make my second task first...when I try to do a click-and-drag I can not move my second task first.

I have found a workaround to number my subtask the sort them out alphabetically. But I am hoping for a Click-and-Drag solution.

Thanks again

E
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Subtasks cannot currently be reordered by drag and drop, but this is something that we hope to add in the future.
Professor Niizawa Post deleted
Bill

Posted: Nov 21, 2008
Please please please add this function in, I went nuts trying to re-order sub-tasks today. This is definitely a must.
joey.l.williams

Posted: Jan 03, 2009
Yes, I agree re-ordering would be great. I find Toodledo the best iPhone/web sync for implementing GTD. The only GTD flaw for me is that tasks can't be ordered so processing tasks and working out the next actions are difficult. I have to use another app or get the pen and paper out. I have tried using tags and sorting this way but it's too fiddly.

The drag and drop technology seems to already exist, so hopefully its just a case of tweaking that and something that will be implemented soon.

Would be very happy if this would be the case.

Cheers

Joe
charles.mckeever

Posted: Jan 04, 2009
I agree with the need for reordering subtasks. At the moment I am adding a number to each subtask to keep track, but that isn't a premium solution. Great app though for sure.
gn1sxn102

Posted: Jan 06, 2009
Ive been asking for this for ages and I know its supposed to be one of the the top priorities. Why cant someone give us a expected date on this. Its the only thing holding me back from subscribing. PLEASE implement reordering, its essential!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 06, 2009
It is our policy to not comment on expected dates for features. Manual sorting is a complex feature that impacts almost every aspect of Toodledo and changes the UI for how things are organized. We are still trying to figure out how to implement it in a simple and elegant way.
joey.l.williams

Posted: Jan 08, 2009
Good to know you are actively working on it.

Look fwd to its release.
ethan

Posted: Jan 25, 2009
I just started the Pro trial and am also disappointed sub-tasks can't be reorganized. Look forward to this improvement.

Posted by e2badg:
I want to know if there is a way to re-organize sub tasks within its parent task?
joey.l.williams

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
Hi,

is this still on the radar? It would be really cool - ordering tasks as well as sub tasks.
ablank

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Wouldn't it be easier to set a due date for the subtasks this keeps the more important subtaks above the less important subtaks and this automatically?

But yes, an additional manual reorder should be possible if there aren't no due dates set.
toodledo

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
For the record, I will not be extending my Pro trial until sub-tasks can be manually ordered. I may use the folder-task structure or look at another app on my iPhone to handle sub-tasks in a more ordered fashion. Up until this point I was very satsified with the Toodledo website and iPhone app. I hope this feature gets added soon.

David

This message was edited Sep 17, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.